Cyrus Kouandjio stock

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Does any else beside me see where CK's stock has dropped and he may need to come back. Last night I saw someone who looked and played more like a freshman than junior. Generally, the last game you play before the draft can either hurt you or help you...this game really hurt him IMO. He was contantly beat, penalities because he was afraid of getting beat. IMO, and I don't know his situation, he may need to come back. Overall this year wasn't a really good year for him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He could still be a first round pick if he blows away the scouts at the combines, but it is no longer something that he can take for granted. He has never been able to handle speed rushers off the edge. That isn't likely to change next year, but he could work on his discipline. Way too many penalties from him this season.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
He actually played worse than he did at aubarn. I didn't think that was possible. I still think he goes, since he will more than likely be a first rounder.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
my question about CK is, what happened to "the slap". How do you let someone you outweigh by about 100 lbs get around you and not get slapped down.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I really liked the comments made by Alabama's players after the game. Everyone seemed to want to take this loss on themselves. No one was looking to blame anyone but themselves. This included CK. As individuals, this tells us that they get it and will do well in life. Maybe the season didn't work out the way that they and Alabama fans wished, but Saban's "process" is still working. He is turning boys into men.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
Well at least they don't speed rush often in the NFL right! Cyrus definitely has some thinking to do, because he certainly didn't help his draft stock. But he isn't the only one on that team or staff that has some soul searching to do. This can be like after the Utah game and create some strong motivation or they can continue the current trend they are on. I certainly hope they choose the former.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
It appears to me that CK regressed a lot this year. I imagine he'll have to weigh whether, all things remaining the same, staying for one more year would help vs. getting coached at the next level. I'm not so sure coming back for one more year would help him.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
He has no business leaving this season. I guess if he just wants the money he can take off but there's doubt in my mind he needs another year I don't care if he is projected as a right tackle. He's made way too many fundamental AND technical mistakes this season to leave. He needs another year in college.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
perhaps we should ask for a copy of the family budget ...

He has no business leaving this season. I guess if he just wants the money he can take off but there's doubt in my mind he needs another year I don't care if he is projected as a right tackle. He's made way too many fundamental AND technical mistakes this season to leave. He needs another year in college.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
It was how wide the OK defender was lining up against him. Look at the NFL when the DE lines that far out the offense does one of two things they run to that side because the defender has basically taken him self out of the play if you run between the LT and LG or they use some one to chip. CK has all the tools to be a great one at the next lvl. Last year with a power blocking scheme did anyone think he was not first round material. I think people don't realize how good Jeff Stoutland is and Joe Pendry before him. We lost some good coaches from last year including Jeremy Pruitt who no one thought we would miss. Next year the guys that took their positions will be better having had a year for Coach Saban to imprint on them. If we had run at that small fast defender and let CK punish him some early they would have had to take him out of the game. At least thats what they will do at the next lvl.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
i still think CyKo goes pro this year and will be a first round pick based on potential alone. I think most teams no longer look at film and grade a player more on measurables than anything else. Someone will take him because they believe they can coach him up and make a top-notch LT out of him. Perhaps he needs to drop a few pounds to be more quick on his feet. I actually think that could be said about several of our players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.