Cyrus Kouandjio stock

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
In all honesty his draft stock won't suffer all that much. Before you think I am an idiot, which I assure you is not the case, let me tell you why...

1. Although we see that he still has room to grow, that is a good thing. That means he has yet to reach his cieling, and NFL GM's love that kind of attribute. He is fast (his footwork is bad), he is strong, and he is a smart kid. An NFL team figures they can work on anything mechanical with him regarding footwork.

2. You won't see as much wide 9 in the NFL, and if you do the other team WILL exploit it. Why we didn't? i dunno, that is another discussion. He won't be facing it as much in the NFL, and if he does they will assuredly put a TE or RB to help him out. Ck was left on an island last night, and him not getting help was a coaching error.

3. Even if his final destination in tthe NFL is LT, he can start out at RT. There are lots of NFL tackles who break in on the right side of the line until they are ready to move to LT. That will cause him to slide from a potential top 15 pick to a 15-30 slot possibly, but he is still going to grade out as a 1st round pick due to his body of work.

So, i think there is much ado about nothing where it involves his NFL career... my hope is that he return on his own volition because he feels he has unfinished business, not because of draft position....

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
I said before last night's game that I didn't think he was ready for the NFL yet. He may still get drafted in early rounds, but at this point I don't think he's ready for immediate success. Last night solidified that for me.
Lineman with his skill usually don't go up and down like other positions, so he is still going to be drafted high as long as he passes clubs character tests and physical, which he will.
I see no reason for him to come back. With 3 years as a lineman, either you got it or don't. Mental mistakes can be worked out at the next level.

He was put in a bad spot last night and needed help, but I cannot excuse all those IP penalties this year. He will have to work on his concentration.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I think he still goes and goes in the first round, though last night plus a less than stellar combine may allow other players to pass him in the pecking order. There will be more than a couple of NFL staffs that think they can coach him up better, move him around, change his physique, etc. to be what they need. They may be right. You can bet whomever his agent turns out to be, he was not happy about last night.

Having watched what his brother has suffered through with injuries, I think he goes without regard to his latest performance(s). Best thing he can do is work his rear end off, show up at the combine, and have great measureables. He's a smart guy; he understands where he is.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I think he still goes and goes in the first round, though last night plus a less than stellar combine may allow other players to pass him in the pecking order. There will be more than a couple of NFL staffs that think they can coach him up better, move him around, change his physique, etc. to be what they need. They may be right. You can bet whomever his agent turns out to be, he was not happy about last night.

Having watched what his brother has suffered through with injuries, I think he goes without regard to his latest performance(s). Best thing he can do is work his rear end off, show up at the combine, and have great measureables. He's a smart guy; he understands where he is.
Wasn't CyKo himself injured his freshman year and miss several games?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In all honesty his draft stock won't suffer all that much. Before you think I am an idiot, which I assure you is not the case, let me tell you why...

1. Although we see that he still has room to grow, that is a good thing. That means he has yet to reach his cieling, and NFL GM's love that kind of attribute. He is fast (his footwork is bad), he is strong, and he is a smart kid. An NFL team figures they can work on anything mechanical with him regarding footwork.

2. You won't see as much wide 9 in the NFL, and if you do the other team WILL exploit it. Why we didn't? i dunno, that is another discussion. He won't be facing it as much in the NFL, and if he does they will assuredly put a TE or RB to help him out. Ck was left on an island last night, and him not getting help was a coaching error.

3. Even if his final destination in tthe NFL is LT, he can start out at RT. There are lots of NFL tackles who break in on the right side of the line until they are ready to move to LT. That will cause him to slide from a potential top 15 pick to a 15-30 slot possibly, but he is still going to grade out as a 1st round pick due to his body of work.

So, i think there is much ado about nothing where it involves his NFL career... my hope is that he return on his own volition because he feels he has unfinished business, not because of draft position....
Another thing: GMs see what he did with Chance next to him. In the NFL, he'll most likely have a Chance Warmack next to him and not an Arie Kouadjio.

Wasn't CyKo himself injured his freshman year and miss several games?
Yes. He tore his ACL in 2011.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
it's not going to have a major effect. his measurable are off the charts. and even with a season not quite how he planned, he wont get better coaching anywhere than in the NFL.. they will get him where he needs to be.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'm far from an expert on this but to my "uneducated" eye, he seemed to have problems that someone shouldn't have who expects to leave early for the draft. He does good against weaker opponents but when the competition gets better, there are problems. Its better competition every week in the NFL. Another year and his potential can be fulfilled.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The late Atlanta Braves announcer Skip Carey once said, "To say someone has great potential is basically saying they aren't good enough yet".
I think this is the case with CK. He's simply not ready for the NFL. I don't think he's even close.
I don't care how fast the 190 pound DB from Oklahoma was, any DB trying to beat a left OT should land in the lap of a rich guy sitting in his Super dome luxury suite
There's a reason Coach S. has recruited so many O-linemen this year. We need better ones. He knows it, and if you think about it seriously, it's pretty obvious.
This O-line started slow and never really developed. That's the reason, in a nutshell, that we got away from the power running game.
The holes just simply weren't there, way too many times.
Our O-line played great against LSU. THE game supposedly.
Other than that, when I look back on Va. Tech, Miss. State, Auburn, and Oklahoma, we were pretty darn ordinary or even below average.
I'd also venture to say that we were way way better when we ran the ball right rather than left. That's exactly opposite of what it should be.
Not trying to be mean, but CK needs a lot of work.
sip

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
Maybe I am wrong but I think the reason why CK has struggled so badly is that he is having to make up for Arie's deficiencies and in that case, I believe he is guessing. Just a thought. Like many have said, when he had Warmack next to him, he played at a much higher level. I think that is because he felt more comfortable and confident.

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
Maybe I am wrong but I think the reason why CK has struggled so badly is that he is having to make up for Arie's deficiencies and in that case, I believe he is guessing. Just a thought. Like many have said, when he had Warmack next to him, he played at a much higher level. I think that is because he felt more comfortable and confident.
I thought the same thing. Helping his brother is admirable, but it too often led to mistakes.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
That is an interesting thought................looking out for little brother.

Still, does not explain all the mental errors. OK, so maybe he anticipated too much.

But, he should have been able to slap that smaller player around. Not only did he fail to do that, he tried to hold, and still whiffed.

All the talent in the world can overcome problems in the head. I think we had way too much of that, all year. Someone commented on why CNS doesn't bring in former players, to meet with our current ones. Instead, he brings in a sports psychologist. Maybe the reason is obvious now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.