Huge Thank You to Coach Saban, his staff, and all the players

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
While last night's game has me gutted, I am still so thankful to be a fan of the Alabama Crimson Tide. I look back on a great season which ended 12-2. I am thankful to the seniors, both starters and backups, for all the work they did with the lower classmen and being a good example to the team. While it will be bittersweet to see AJ, Kevin N, CJ, and the rest move on to their new careers, whether it be in the NFL or elsewhere, I can look forward to the 2014 season when I get to see the new starters, who starts at QB, and all the 2014 freshmen who will one day lead the team.

Many thanks to all the coaches and support staff, many of whom work diligently behind the scenes. We may lose some coaches to other programs as they seek to move up in the coaching ranks elsewhere. Them I wish good luck except when they play the Tide and welcome in their replacements.

We've been spoiled the last couple of years with NCs but I am a positive person so I look on 2013 as I looked on 2010, a good learning experience which will bring out the best in future Tide football teams.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
While last night's game has me gutted, I am still so thankful to be a fan of the Alabama Crimson Tide. I look back on a great season which ended 12-2. I am thankful to the seniors, both starters and backups, for all the work they did with the lower classmen and being a good example to the team. While it will be bittersweet to see AJ, Kevin N, CJ, and the rest move on to their new careers, whether it be in the NFL or elsewhere, I can look forward to the 2014 season when I get to see the new starters, who starts at QB, and all the 2014 freshmen who will one day lead the team.

Many thanks to all the coaches and support staff, many of whom work diligently behind the scenes. We may lose some coaches to other programs as they seek to move up in the coaching ranks elsewhere. Them I wish good luck except when they play the Tide and welcome in their replacements.

We've been spoiled the last couple of years with NCs but I am a positive person so I look on 2013 as I looked on 2010, a good learning experience which will bring out the best in future Tide football teams.
Here, Here! Great post and awesome message just before signing day.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Great post! We have a lot to be thankful for. A great last 4+ years for our seniors. I think they tied the record for most wins by a class. Not sure. Maybe 1 short. Still, great year and we are in good hands for our future. RTR

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I am so thankful we have CNS as our coach. Win or lose, I'd much rather have had him and his present staff walking the sidelines than some of the other coaches we've had in the past, or even those from other schools.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep even though I thought we stunk it up last night, I'm still 110% Alabama and that will NEVER change. I'm VERY PROUD of our coaching staff and hope they are stay, if Coach Saban gets who he wants this year in recruiting things could be interesting in about 2 years. Could be one of the best defenses he has ever had IMHO and that is saying something!!!!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Not to be a Debbie Downer but this is about the 3rd to 4th time I've seen someone say we were '12-2'. We only played 13 games and finished 11-2....No SECCG this year. Easy mistake I guess but there is a difference. I'll take 11-2 though because at the end it became apparent that we were not CLOSE to being the real #1 team in the country. We never really jelled or improved on the OL,DL, or DB positions. We stayed the same or got worse. RB was even disappointing as was the WR group. AJ is the only guy who consistently showed up all season long and he definitely won us the A&M game. I'm still not sure how we beat LSU in retrospect. We could have been 9-4 very easily....so yeah...I'll take 11-2 and a lower final Top Ten ranking this year. Oh and we need Stoutland back to coach the OL...pay that man whatever it takes to get him back. I'll also take a new OC...Nuss is horrible at in game playcalling during critical situations. Lots of things need to be fixed/adjusted which has already been addressed by Jess, Mods and just about everyone else. On to 2014 which will be a rebuilding year and maybe a rough one. Let's just do our best to support the team because it could be a 8-4 to 7-5 type regular season coming up.

Elephant Stomp

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 4, 2001
Selinsgrove, PA
As a fan base we are blessed but spoiled. As coach Saban has said over and over again, it is hard to fight complacency when you have so much success. I follow Alabama football for more than just wins and national championships. I follow it because of the character it builds in young men. There is no one who does a better job of developing young men in college football than coach Saban. Part of building that character is having to endure a disappointing season like this when all the players don't buy into the process. I believe they will next year. Roll Tide!

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
As a fan base we are blessed but spoiled. As coach Saban has said over and over again, it is hard to fight complacency when you have so much success. I follow Alabama football for more than just wins and national championships. I follow it because of the character it builds in young men. There is no one who does a better job of developing young men in college football than coach Saban. Part of building that character is having to endure a disappointing season like this when all the players don't buy into the process. I believe they will next year. Roll Tide!
Great Post. Ditto

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.