Why not utilize Norwood more? (fixed your teaser title for you)

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
I've got nothing but love for the guy and am wondering why he isn't targeted more during the game. He has hands like they have glue on em. Is he slow....what? Did he have one catch during the Sugar Bowl?

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Re: Norwood

Norwood had the one huge catch on 3rd down where the pressure had beaten our offensive line and he worked back to his QB. Made a great catch there along the sidelines....had to catch it and keep his feet in. Couple of plays later McCarron telegraphed the INT to the OU defensive back. Norwood has always been one of my favorite players. I think he's the most clutch receiver we've had since Julio.... just under-utilized. I can't think of a time where he didn't come up big when he needed to.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

He said earlier in the week he was deciding to go to the Senior Bowl or not. He'll get a combine invite.
Yep - up to him about the senior bowl, but the combine is a lock. He has an NFL frame and NFL hands/body control. He'll get a shot with someone. That's all you can ask for.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Norwood is one of my wife's favorites too. Hope he isn't single. :(
He was the Darius Hanks of this year's team. Every catch he made was huge, but just didn't many opps. Hope he gets a big paycheck. Doesn't sound like Kenny Bell is going to get a senior bowl invite. Wonder if he'll participate in Pro day or the combine.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Norwood doesn't have great speed but he thrives off one on one coverage because he had strong hands and is great at high pointing the ball. OU played coverage most of the night and Norwood isn't great at separating from multiple defenders.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I wondered if OU had him blanketed. I am pretty sure that AJ's first interception was a force into triple coverage, and Norwood was the target.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Same could be asked about Chris Black, Fowler, O.J., Drake.
Chris Black has become very frustrated with the lack of playing time. I hope he sticks around and makes an impact next year. He's a dynamic playmaker that I wish would have been on the field more.
Christion Jones is another one that totally disappeared from the passing game down the stretch.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Chris Black has become very frustrated with the lack of playing time. I hope he sticks around and makes an impact next year. He's a dynamic playmaker that I wish would have been on the field more.
Christion Jones is another one that totally disappeared from the passing game down the stretch.
I'm sure a lot of players are. I'm surprised we keep on getting such top flight playmakers. There's only one football and we are a traditional power running team.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011

Same could be asked about Chris Black, Fowler, O.J., Drake.
OJ is the shocker to me. He was used very little the entire year. He is a 5 star elite type of TE but is never used. I wonder if it is scheme or does he just have bad routing running skills (he is a Freshmen and all). I will miss Norwood badly. He is the most clutch Bama receiver I can remember in many years.

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman

That crazy first pick to Norwood may have been AJ trying to give his friend and fellow senior some touches, but it involved taking a risk. AJ might have abandoned that thought after throwing into triple coverage.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al

That crazy first pick to Norwood may have been AJ trying to give his friend and fellow senior some touches, but it involved taking a risk. AJ might have abandoned that thought after throwing into triple coverage.
Course he don't get much separation when the defense is holding his jersey.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.