Alabama Fan Hall of Shame

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Here's a video I found about him that includes an interview with him. Pretty funny. He was really upset about the beer tax and no fan of George Wallace.

There was another clip on you tube that seemed to be an audio recording of him going to the Orange Bowl. It was seven minutes long but I couldn't get through more than 30 seconds of it when I heard him screaming. So I can't post it since I can't vouch for the language but its there if you're interested.

He died in a car accident. Would it be a safe assumption it was alcohol related?

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He died 11/1/80, the day of the 6-3 game. Wikipedia says the wreck happened near Montgomery.

It also said the man as an attorney, don't think I'd have hired him, though he seems like the type that could charm a jury and bribe a judge, so maybe he could have helped if you were in trouble.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
When will people realize that acting stupid in the techie age can ruin your life? Every detail of her life is now (or soon will be) public. I wouldn't be surprised if she lost her job, assuming she works outside the home.

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
The drunk lady at the airport that defined our fan base for millions. Can't find the mugshot for PI later in the evening.

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
Shorty was able to get on television when the only camera in the stadium belonged to CBS. Now someone is probably filming everything that is going on the entire game day.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY

Here's a video I found about him that includes an interview with him. Pretty funny. He was really upset about the beer tax and no fan of George Wallace.

There was another clip on you tube that seemed to be an audio recording of him going to the Orange Bowl. It was seven minutes long but I couldn't get through more than 30 seconds of it when I heard him screaming. So I can't post it since I can't vouch for the language but its there if you're interested.

He died in a car accident. Would it be a safe assumption it was alcohol related?
That is the same video that I watched. Hey, he was an early supporter of term limits. I bet he could tell a good story, too.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Loved how he said "Bless her heart" when he mentioned Lurleen. I agree he would have been fun to sit down and talk to over a few beers.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
He died 11/1/80, the day of the 6-3 game. Wikipedia says the wreck happened near Montgomery.

It also said the man as an attorney, don't think I'd have hired him, though he seems like the type that could charm a jury and bribe a judge, so maybe he could have helped if you were in trouble.
I always liked Shorty. The cheerleaders and fans always egged him on, not that he needed much prodding. If what I'd always heard you could probably say Shorty Price's father was a bit crazy himself. I heard there was a provision in his father's will that required Shorty to run for Governor, which he did several times.

He also wasn't a fan of George Wallace who apparently was his roomate for a time at the University of Alabama

h2o

1st Team
Dec 31, 2006
Winfield, Alabama
Could Mike Price be in this catagory since he was here only for a short time? What he did was the next to last thing we needed at the time. BTW the last thing we needed, in case you're wondering, is a coach that was breaking NCAA rules.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
These "Fanhood" and "Sportsmanship" threads are always fun to watch!

It's pretty much the same as talking "smack" by us comparing our behavior to others instead of concentrating on ourselves.

Last edited:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Here's a video of Michelle Pritchett prior to her attack on the OU fans. What a piece of garbage.

If you can't hold your alcohol, don't drink. Jeez, these "fans" are so embarrassing. It's these bandwagon fans and hangers on that give any large successful program a black eye.

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
Unfortunately, the actions of all the people listed just reinforce the image the state has within a large part of our country. Several year ago the company with which I was associated sent a couple of people from a central American country to Alabama for training. Both of these people were overwhelmed by our plant and community. Before one of the guys left he said his wife who had attended a university in New York warned him that our part of the country was backward and dangerous. You can only imagine how I felt thinking our state was looked down upon by someone from a third world country.

Someone on another board commented that these actions didn't effect him. I believe that these actions can have a major effect on business recruitment, existing businesses in Alabama obtaining out of state contracts, tourism, and the ability of graduates from our high schools and universities to be considered equally in the job market.

It is time we as a state quite finding these action funny and look at the consequences these morons have on our state and in turn all of us.

PS: Just go back and look at the comments on the Colorado State football forum from fans who attended the game on how the reality of their visit to the UA campus was far different from what they expected.

Last edited:

Sooners BigRed

Jan 3, 2014
As a Sooner far I dont think she represents the fan base of Alabama at all. OU fans were taunting her so they share a bit of the blame.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.