Reasons to be optimistic about Future of Alabama football...

PirateJoe2233

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Currently it feels like Auburn is on top of the world. History tells us that Bama will eventually bounce back. However, unless somebody figures out Gus Malzahn and the HUNH, or Malzahn leaves to go to NFL or elsewhere.... it's gonna be extremely tough for anyone to beat Auburn. Auburn has the knack for winning close games. They have the swagger and "we will not be denied" attitude that great football teams possess. Everyone can say they got "lucky" to beat Georgia and Alabama, but at the end of the day...it is what it is... Bama has great players and Nick Saban is a great coach, but could Malzahn's offense be the equivalent of Bryant unveiling the wishbone and going on to dominate the SEC for 10 years? Hate to sound like a pessimist.... I just need to blow off some steam

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Pirate Joe.....you realize that if we had just hit one of four missed field goals, then we beat AU. Not to mention numerous other mistakes that would have changed the outcome of that game. Bama will be back....strong.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Yep , highly overrating Aubarn .
We have Saban !
Joe, your post directly contradicts the title of your thread.

That said, my reasons.

1. A generational coach.

2. More than a century of excellence.

3. Six years of top-of-the-line talent.

4. Dozen of gifted underclassmen waiting for their chance.

5. The disappointments of 2013 as catalysts.

6. The country's best rivalry as daily motivation.

Bring it.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
As long as Saban is our head coach we will perennially challenge for recruiting, division, conference and national championships.

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA
Pressure. New assistants. New players. Youth. Depth at some spots. And we were still 11-2 with so many mistakes we could have one it all again.

Once the disappointment fades I expect we'll all be jacked about the new recruits, playoff, player development, etc. And if they look hungry again...hold on baby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using Tapatalk 2

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Use this off-season to discover sex and fine alcohol. You'll be amazed at how much fun life can be outside of Alabama football. ;)

Seriously...plenty of reason to be optimistic after an 11-win season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Joe, your post directly contradicts the title of your thread.

That said, my reasons.

1. A generational coach.

2. More than a century of excellence.

3. Six years of top-of-the-line talent.

4. Dozen of gifted underclassmen waiting for their chance.

5. The disappointments of 2013 as catalysts.

6. The country's best rivalry as daily motivation.

Bring it.
Not sure our coaches fully relate.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Currently it feels like Auburn is on top of the world. History tells us that Bama will eventually bounce back. However, unless somebody figures out Gus Malzahn and the HUNH, or Malzahn leaves to go to NFL or elsewhere.... it's gonna be extremely tough for anyone to beat Auburn. Auburn has the knack for winning close games. They have the swagger and "we will not be denied" attitude that great football teams possess. Everyone can say they got "lucky" to beat Georgia and Alabama, but at the end of the day...it is what it is... Bama has great players and Nick Saban is a great coach, but could Malzahn's offense be the equivalent of Bryant unveiling the wishbone and going on to dominate the SEC for 10 years? Hate to sound like a pessimist.... I just need to blow off some steam
Mooooooo!

Dude, Gus has had 2 good seasons at the barn. I hardly believe the offense he runs can't be figured out in the future with SEC talent, because it has been beaten in the past.

I seem to remember Cochran yelling from our sideline "RUN ANOTHER TRICK PLAY" as they were steamrolled.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Shouldn't you be more concerned with this little thing called a National Championship game that your team will be playing in tomorrow?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.