Have any of this years early enrollees reported to campus?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Including 2 of the JUCO guys, 8 will start classes this week.

1. DJ Pettway (DL)
2. Jarred Reed (DL)
3. Cameron Robinson (OT)
4. Cameron Sims (WR)
5. Hootie Jones (S)
6. Tony Brown (CB)
7. Shaun Dion Hamilton (LB)
8. David Cornwell (QB)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I like guys who enroll early. For one thing, that eliminates a month where we have to worry about them changing their mind and going somewhere else. It also gives them a jump on learning the system by going through spring drills.

Most importantly, it gets them on campus and in class so they can get their feet wet without the stress of football season bearing down on them. They get college credit under their belt and get acclimated to a new lifestyle.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Including 2 of the JUCO guys, 8 will start classes this week.

1. DJ Pettway (DL)
2. Jarred Reed (DL)
3. Cameron Robinson (OT)
4. Cameron Sims (WR)
5. Hootie Jones (S)
6. Tony Brown (CB)
7. Shaun Dion Hamilton (LB)
8. David Cornwell (QB)
That third one was my primary concern. I am so glad he's enrolled early. To me, he may be the best overall prospect Coach S. has recruited from a "need" standpoint. No, he's not a "Julio" headliner, but big, quick, strong, offensive left tackles are how you build championships.
I'm just impressed that eight of these guys were smart enough to graduate early. That's pretty darn impressive.
sip

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
That third one was my primary concern. I am so glad he's enrolled early. To me, he may be the best overall prospect Coach S. has recruited from a "need" standpoint. No, he's not a "Julio" headliner, but big, quick, strong, offensive left tackles are how you build championships.
I'm just impressed that eight of these guys were smart enough to graduate early. That's pretty darn impressive.
sip
He didn't get rave reviews at this all-star game this weekend. said he was beaten consistently one on one during practice all week and that he may be better suited for guard. We'll see

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
@DavidCornwell5: Arrived and moved in to my dorm, finally can relax for a bit with some sushi and sleep  & 
My first meal in T-Town was breakfast at "Quik Snak" on University Blvd.--Two eggs over easy, grits, sausage, toast, coffee, and a glass of tomato juice. Me and my roomie probably spent $2,000.00 there in 77-78. They ran us a tab and we paid up at the end of the month. Great place to eat...great people who ran it. They loved their students. They didn't have sushi :)

TCBamafan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2009
The early enrollees definitely have an advantage going into fall, but that doesn't mean they are smarter than the other guys. It just means they went to a high school that uses the block system. Guys who go to schools where each class runs for the whole school year don't have the option of graduating in December. Most, if not all of them, enroll in summer school at Alabama so they can take a light load in the fall.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
He didn't get rave reviews at this all-star game this weekend. said he was beaten consistently one on one during practice all week and that he may be better suited for guard. We'll see
If so, we can likely look forward to an even better version of Chance Warmack... that's not a bad thing on the "other hand" end of the scale. :)

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
Doe an anyone confirm the Brown has arrived on campus? It has been reported that Strong at Texas is making a major push for Brown.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.