Thumbs up to Nessler and Blackledge Thursday Night!!!!!!!!!!

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
The only positive experience I had through this train wreck was listening to these two call the game. It was a real treat listening to actual professionals. I really wish we could get more of these guys during the regular season than those bozos on CBS. Ron Franklin and Mike Gotfried were my absolute favs and I think these guys are just as good.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
I agree they did do a good job, but they seemed to think we were trailing most of the first half even before we actually were.

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
YEP, CBS should get a clue.
I work with Bama, barn, UGA and vol fans, don't know anybody who likes Dern & Vary.
Even though Danielson does have great knowledge of the game, his knowledge leans PRO football.
No matter how much knowledge one has, when they think their opinion is more important than the teams and the game that is going on, they are useless.
Slobbering and foaming at the mouth over every great player and good play made is most sickening.
Vern I can actually take, (or leave), his miscues are most often comical to me, it's Gary who is the pits in my book.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I like 'em all - except for some reason...Mustardburger drives me crazy! Too bad Herby is always hitched to that post...

I've learned to appreciate all that Verne and Gary bring to their broadcast....they do have a very unique style!

But I concur Brad and Todd do a great job.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I still miss Keith Jackson.

Didn't Franklin have a stroke or something? I do miss him too. Back when they did the ESPN night games they were definitely the team you wanted. Now you might have Matt Millen who is just as bad as the CBS goofs.

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Brad and Todd did a great job and always do. They are the best duo by far currently. Herbie is good as well, but Musburger drags him down for sure. Other than Verne being goofy sometimes, he and Danielson actually aren't as bad as I thought they were. If you get Millen, you might as well mute the sound and listen to Eli and Phil!

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
I'd like to hear Kirk H. & Todd B. do a game together. Although, that could possibly be an overdose of Big 10 QBs... ;) Brad's not bad, but to me his delivery makes every single play sound like the ultimate occurence in all of college football, if not U.S. history. Still, as long as it's not Brent or Millen, and definitely not Vance Lundberg & Jerry Donaldson, I'm good.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Didn't Franklin have a stroke or something? I do miss him too. Back when they did the ESPN night games they were definitely the team you wanted. Now you might have Matt Millen who is just as bad as the CBS goofs.
No he's been permanently demoted. I'm not sure if he's still in broadcasting. Haven't heard him in a long time.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I don't mind uncle Vern but I cannot stand Danielson on any broadcast. He is constantly talking and needs to tone it down more. With him, you do not have down air time. Sometimes, less is more.

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
Brad and Todd are my favorite also. The absolute worst one is that woman(can't think of her name) Whenever she is calling a game I switch stations. Millen is pretty bad too.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post

No he's been permanently demoted. I'm not sure if he's still in broadcasting. Haven't heard him in a long time.
If you're talking about Ron Franklin he was fired by ESPN on January 4, 2011, after making sexist comments to a colleague....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.