My Take on BCSNCG Tonight (and how it may affect us)

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
For the record, this post has nothing to do with recruiting. Some have read that into it, but in the OP I wasn't talking about that (or else, like a well trained poster, I would have added post on the recruiting board).

The extra motivation that the Barn might get if they lost, that I thought I made clear, was extra determination for next year. For those of you stating this doesn't affect us (in that we have to play them next year) do you not think us losing will hopefully have a positive affect on our determination and focus next year as we play the Barn and other key opponents???

So for that reason, if they lose it may in fact make them harder to deal with next year. If they win they have a bigger target and more expectations (they'll be talking repeat) because they have a fairly good nucleus coming back and there will be natural complacency like we fought this year IMO.

Perhaps the biggest win/win tonight is the Barn gets beat so bad that they feel unvalidated, they question their abilities/schemes and maybe believe their "luck" finally ran out and then next year they implode with self doubt!
I'm one of those who brought up the recruiting angle but I also don't think an AU win or loss hurts or helps them, or us for that matter, next year. Each team is different. Coach Saban reminds us of that all the time.

As for AU, whether Mason declares for the draft will have more of an impact on how they do next year than winning or losing this game.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I've gone back and forth on what I think is going to happen. I first thought AU would win. But after seeing how most of the SEC teams performed in the bowl games, I'm not so sure. I know that measuring teams on how they play in a bowl game is not the best way to evaluate teams, but UGA lost to Nebraska, we lost to OU, Iowa played LSU real close, Duke should have beat aTm, Mizzou and OK ST was close game also. With all that being said, I think FSU is going to win. AU has an average defense at best and I think FSU will take advantage of their secondary. I also don't think FSU will play coverage and let AU run all over them like they have done everyone else. I think FSU will make Nick Marshall beat them with his arm, which I don't think he is capable of.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
They lose Prosch, who by GM's own admission, they would have been a different team without. They lose Davis ('memba him?), Sanders, Egua, Ford...they lose a few key seniors they will be hard pressed to replace at the start of the season. If Mason or Dismukes or any other juniors leave they will have some big holes to fill. Will they be as good? Without JP? They won't run as well, bank it. Too early to say about the passing, if they had been forced to rely on it this year to win I don't think they'd be playing tonight. I think the next 8 days will be interesting, because there are gonna be some surprises on a lot of teams, including Bama. JMO

92teamownsall

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2013
I dislike AU as much as the next person but I want them to beat FSU because if they lose all we are gonna hear is the SEC is overrated. We are gonna hear it anyways because of the Sugar Bowl but it will be unbearable if FSU wins.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I've gone back and forth on what I think is going to happen. I first thought AU would win. But after seeing how most of the SEC teams performed in the bowl games, I'm not so sure. I know that measuring teams on how they play in a bowl game is not the best way to evaluate teams, but UGA lost to Nebraska, we lost to OU, Iowa played LSU real close, Duke should have beat aTm, Mizzou and OK ST was close game also. With all that being said, I think FSU is going to win. AU has an average defense at best and I think FSU will take advantage of their secondary. I also don't think FSU will play coverage and let AU run all over them like they have done everyone else. I think FSU will make Nick Marshall beat them with his arm, which I don't think he is capable of.
UGA playing with an inexperienced qb and still almost won, same for the who's but they did win, duke is not the only team that woulda coulda shoulda, OSU was not a pushover.
Barn's performance tonight has nothing to do with how the other SEC teams have fared...they are "speshul".
SNASS

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
In my office picks I picked Auburn to win by 1 point. I figure they get some fluke play at the end to win.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
They just showed Winston strutting into the rose bowl like the arrogant jerk that he is.I just can't pull for the criminoles despite my strong loathing of the cow college.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
I don't care for FSU either but if AU wins this game their fans will be almost unbearable to be around. I do do know some who are rational but not many.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Whoever wins.....well, it will be fun and quite acceptable to laugh at the losers. :smile:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Gus with his sweater sort of looks like a train conductor in a Jimmy Stewart movie.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
If I can't depend on the San Andreas Fault, I think I want the barn to win while the refs let them play dirty so obviously that even the talking heads are calling them the barn after the game.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
If I can't depend on the San Andreas Fault, I think I want the barn to win while the refs let them play dirty so obviously that even the talking heads are calling them the barn after the game.
I was wondering earlier who would thug it up the firstest and the mostest.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.