Dr. Kevin Elko to Coach Saban "It's time to reinvent and rebuild the whole thing..."

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Dr. Kevin Elko to Coach Saban "It's time to reinvent and rebuild the whole thing..."

Dr. Elko is the most popular motivational speaker requested by sports teams. Saban has used him A LOT over the years. He was on Finebaum today and FBomb asked him what is going on at Alabama. He said he talked to Nick after the Sugar Bowl and they talked. He said he told Nick it might be time to "Reinvent and rebuild the entire thing...." at Alabama. He said it seems the things Nick has done to get his teams up and ready have become stale. He didn't say Saban specifically said "Yeah I agee." But he implied that Saban agreed with him. Interesting interview.

Last edited:

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Re: Dr. Kevin Elko to Coach Saban "It's time to reinvent and rebuild Nick..."

I'm sure the man is good at what does, but he reminds me a little too much of Joel Osteen.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

How many times will it take me saying this for people to understand: it isn't that 11-2 is bad, its how the 2 were loss that Saban didn't like.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: Dr. Kevin Elko to Coach Saban "It's time to reinvent and rebuild the whole thing.

Excited....Roll Tide Roll!

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Re: Dr. Kevin Elko to Coach Saban "It's to reinvent and rebuild Nick..."

Not a completely surprising take. It was obvious from several games this year that motivation was difficult. If anyone can reinvent how to motivate players and get the most out of them, it's Saban.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Re: Dr. Kevin Elko to Coach Saban "It's to reinvent and rebuild Nick..."

Not a completely surprising take. It was obvious from several games this year that motivation was difficult. If anyone can reinvent how to motivate players and get the most out of them, it's Saban.
Agreed!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

How many times will it take me saying this for people to understand: it isn't that 11-2 is bad, its how the 2 were loss that Saban didn't like.
I don't understand.

UA All the Way

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2005
Las Vegas

How realistic is it that Saban will really "rebuild the whole thing?" It isn't that easy. I think there will be changes next year but there are too many other things which will stop a huge defensive change (new qb, etc).

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

To be clear, this appears to relate to motivation, leadership, discipline, moral, etc. and not technical changes to football schemes, formations, etc. which are discussed in multiple other threads already.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.