Game Thread: ***2014 BCSNCG*** Florida State vs. Auburn

Baryugin

Scout Team
Aug 10, 2001
Nashville, TN USA
Even though I said I was going to support the SEC, by nature, I cheered for FSU the whole game. It was like an instinct I couldn't control. I guess it goes back to years of just automatically cheering for Auburn's opponents. I tried to cheer for the SEC, but being it was Auburn, it just wouldn't happen. :p

I will say this--those of you who had the "screw the SEC, we hate the Barn" attitude--it's quite hypocritical for you to give a crap about that SEC streak! haha! You can't pull against the SEC then ..... when the SEC loses. This is the type of thing that I hate about our rivalry. Turns otherwise brilliant people into people with zero credibility. :redface: If you cheered for FSU, then you, by default, don't care about the SEC streak.
It's a matter of degrees - I liked the streak because ESPN and so many sports writers so obviously wanted it to end, and I enjoy watching them get tweaked. But that paled in comparison to the barn winning that game, which would have led to me having to listen to my barner inlaws, having to avoid the TV at Thanksgiving because they're watching a replay of the game, etc. No comparison - Go FSU!

Years ago, someone echoed my sentiments exactly - I am not an SEC fan; I am an Alabama Crimson Tide fan. Do people honestly expect me to hate and mock most of these teams through 90% of the season and then root for them? Sorry...the best you're going to get is an eyebrow raised in interest when I see their scores roll by.

RTR!!! :D

Last edited:

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Last night was a perfect scenario for me....the barn lost !

BTW, I lied to you guys. In an other thread, I told you that the team that I hated the most was the Montreal Canadiens (just to let you know that I'm hockey player from Quebec city) and the Barn was «only» in the fourth place in my top 10 of the teams that I hated the most, but I'm sorry to tell you that I changed my mind : I NEVER WANTED A TEAM TO LOOSE LIKE I DID WITH THE BARN LAST NIGHT. They are now by far the no 1 team that I hate the most.

With that being said, we have to add some speed on the DL and developp good CB's and we'll be fine for next year.
Welcome to the Crimson side.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
which would have led to me having to listen to my barner inlaws, having to avoid the TV at Thanksgiving because they're watching a replay of the game, etc. No comparison - Go FSU!
I didn't watch even 1 second of the game because every game I saw this season with Auburn in it, they won. Well looks like I made the right choice. I might see if I can get a copy of the game on DVD. It'd be a nice collectible to watch whenever I need a good laugh.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
It's a matter of degrees - I liked the streak because ESPN and so many sports writers so obviously wanted it to end, and I enjoy watching them get tweaked. But that paled in comparison to the barn winning that game, which would have led to me having to listen to my barner inlaws, having to avoid the TV at Thanksgiving because they're watching a replay of the game, etc. No comparison - Go FSU!

Years ago, someone echoed my sentiments exactly - I am not an SEC fan; I am an Alabama Crimson Tide fan. Do people honestly expect me to hate and mock most of these teams through 90% of the season and then root for them? Sorry...the best you're going to get is an eyebrow raised in interest when I see their scores roll by.

RTR!!! :D
I can agree with this! :)

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Watching some of Fsu dudes on the dl last night showed me exactly what I would like our dl to look like. That play where the former no 1 player broke down and then chased down Marshall showed a huge difference in ours and fsus line. I'm not sure our olb could make that play.
Really it was the man in the middle that made it all happen and a good plan

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
What, out of gas in the 4th quarter. I wasn't that impressed with them at all.
If Ivory played like Jernigan did and was gassed at the very end of our game against Auburn...I think we would've won going away. I fail to see how going down for a play or two (which by the way many people on this forum have suggested to do as a way to defend against the HUNH) overshadowed a game in which he made many plays on first down that stalled Auburn drives before they got started.

You also write this as if our DL hasn't shown signs of fatigue at points this year. I'm sure you were watching the games and know that that isn't true. I think it's pretty clear that we need an upgrade in athleticism on the DL to deal with the type of offense that we increasingly find ourselves playing against. I think we could do that without drastrically reducing our ability to stop the run. Granted it takes getting special athletes, but Alabama has the ability to do it. Like WMack has said we have gotten some that the recruiting services thought were those types of players, but we blow them up 40 pounds and totally change their skill set.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
If Ivory played like Jernigan did and was gassed at the very end of our game against Auburn...I think we would've won going away. I fail to see how going down for a play or two (which by the way many people on this forum have suggested to do as a way to defend against the HUNH) overshadowed a game in which he made many plays on first down that stalled Auburn drives before they got started.

You also write this as if our DL hasn't shown signs of fatigue at points this year. I'm sure you were watching the games and know that that isn't true. I think it's pretty clear that we need an upgrade in athleticism on the DL to deal with the type of offense that we increasingly find ourselves playing against. I think we could do that without drastrically reducing our ability to stop the run. Granted it takes getting special athletes, but Alabama has the ability to do it. Like WMack has said we have gotten some that the recruiting services thought were those types of players, but we blow them up 40 pounds and totally change their skill set.
Thing is we really didn't have a Terrance Cody or Jessie Williams type of NG in 2013. That is the whole idea, for them to free up the rest of the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Another plus to the barn losing is LSU fans can't go around saying they beat the national champion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.