Game Thread: ***2014 BCSNCG*** Florida State vs. Auburn

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The good news is the college football world still revolves around Bama. I don't know if anyone else caught it, but all the FSU fans started chanting "We Want Bama" as CNS was breaking down FSU's highlights. You just won the national championship yet you still feel like you are unworthy till you beat Bama LOL.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The good news is the college football world still revolves around Bama. I don't know if anyone else caught it, but all the FSU fans started chanting "We Want Bama" as CNS was breaking down FSU's highlights. You just won the national championship yet you still feel like you are unworthy till you beat Bama LOL.
and i I saw an early preseason poll that has us #2 for next season.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
For whatever it's worth, Winston is a really goofy kid. Goofy in the way he acts, and goofy in the way he looks/dresses. It's more than just an age difference.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Except, their scheme, at least for now, has a lot more speed and power on the defensive line.

Can we please get off the ledge of the cliff and stop with the our defense can't defend the HUNH! The exact defense that we run just slowed down the barn in the second half. It's all about execution not scheme. Our scheme is fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
It's funny to me that FSU won with a QB that most likely should be in Jail. Am kinda glad Auburn took the pressure off the SEC, now it's time to get it back.

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
Last night was a perfect scenario for me....the barn lost !

BTW, I lied to you guys. In an other thread, I told you that the team that I hated the most was the Montreal Canadiens (just to let you know that I'm hockey player from Quebec city) and the Barn was «only» in the fourth place in my top 10 of the teams that I hated the most, but I'm sorry to tell you that I changed my mind : I NEVER WANTED A TEAM TO LOOSE LIKE I DID WITH THE BARN LAST NIGHT. They are now by far the no 1 team that I hate the most.

With that being said, we have to add some speed on the DL and developp good CB's and we'll be fine for next year.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Even though I said I was going to support the SEC, by nature, I cheered for FSU the whole game. It was like an instinct I couldn't control. I guess it goes back to years of just automatically cheering for Auburn's opponents. I tried to cheer for the SEC, but being it was Auburn, it just wouldn't happen. :p

I will say this--those of you who had the "screw the SEC, we hate the Barn" attitude--it's quite hypocritical for you to give a crap about that SEC streak! haha! You can't pull against the SEC then ..... when the SEC loses. This is the type of thing that I hate about our rivalry. Turns otherwise brilliant people into people with zero credibility. :redface: If you cheered for FSU, then you, by default, don't care about the SEC streak. THIS was my philosophy! If I am going "all in" for the Criminoles, then I'm not going to complain about the streak being broken. I wanted to see Rapeis struggle--and he did! I also wanted AU to lose--and they did! Win, Win for me! :biggrin:

You are either FOR the SEC or you are against it. :cool:

I'm just thrilled that we don't have to listen to or see all the Barn bragging about a NC. So glad their luck ran out!!

Now, it is time for the Crimson Tide to GO TO WORK!! I want to win that first NEW trophy!! RTR!!

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Duly noted.

Our pass rush from our front, however, remains non-existent albeit by design.

This isn't a shot at you. But this has been a complaint for a while and now I'm just louder with it. I'll take every chance I get to point that out, kinda like the "why don't we throw it to the tight end crowd", which ironically enough should be about as agitated as I am
Watching some of Fsu dudes on the dl last night showed me exactly what I would like our dl to look like. That play where the former no 1 player broke down and then chased down Marshall showed a huge difference in ours and fsus line. I'm not sure our olb could make that play.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Still a bit too cold for that,* but, yes, the days seem to be getting much longer. So, spring has to be close.

* = Can't be spring yet, if the water pipes at the shop are frozen in the morning. Yet, API did not win, so you-know-what hasn't frozen over, and all can not be bad.
And it didn't freeze over, as was foretold by scripture, of course:
"There shall, in that time, be rumours of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things... with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Watching some of Fsu dudes on the dl last night showed me exactly what I would like our dl to look like. That play where the former no 1 player broke down and then chased down Marshall showed a huge difference in ours and fsus line. I'm not sure our olb could make that play.
What, out of gas in the 4th quarter. I wasn't that impressed with them at all.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Duly noted.

Our pass rush from our front, however, remains non-existent albeit by design.

This isn't a shot at you. But this has been a complaint for a while and now I'm just louder with it. I'll take every chance I get to point that out, kinda like the "why don't we throw it to the tight end crowd", which ironically enough should be about as agitated as I am
I have to agree. We need a pass rush, ...without a pass rush, even a mediocre QB can look impressive. and, goodness, we need to use the tight ends more...that was one of our BIGGEST mismatches against them. When we played Auburn, we didnt work to expose their suspect secondary nearly as much as I would have liked. Auburns defensive line is their strength, but their secondary isnt impressive at all...We had a Heisman caliber QB and a stable of thoroughbreds to throw to, but just didn't use the passing game enough, IMO...

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I just couldn't root for FSU at all, Jameis in particular,but, I couldn't cheer for The Barn either..As much as I hate The Barn, I hate Jameis even that much more, I can't stand the boy at all, I hate when he talks, the goofy smile, I wanna punch my TV everytime I see him..He's that type person I despise..

Even though I said I was going to support the SEC, by nature, I cheered for FSU the whole game. It was like an instinct I couldn't control. I guess it goes back to years of just automatically cheering for Auburn's opponents. I tried to cheer for the SEC, but being it was Auburn, it just wouldn't happen. :p

I will say this--those of you who had the "screw the SEC, we hate the Barn" attitude--it's quite hypocritical for you to give a crap about that SEC streak! haha! You can't pull against the SEC then ..... when the SEC loses. This is the type of thing that I hate about our rivalry. Turns otherwise brilliant people into people with zero credibility. :redface: If you cheered for FSU, then you, by default, don't care about the SEC streak. THIS was my philosophy! If I am going "all in" for the Criminoles, then I'm not going to complain about the streak being broken. I wanted to see Rapeis struggle--and he did! I also wanted AU to lose--and they did! Win, Win for me! :biggrin:

You are either FOR the SEC or you are against it. :cool:

I'm just thrilled that we don't have to listen to or see all the Barn bragging about a NC. So glad their luck ran out!!

Now, it is time for the Crimson Tide to GO TO WORK!! I want to win that first NEW trophy!! RTR!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.