The end of the SEC streak happens. However, I offer a positive note.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Tonight we finally witnessed the end to an incredible run. But all things come to an end and what makes it palatable:

1. Musberger actually gets something right for a change. He said at the games end. "The SEC had a great run but ended with a team that was designed like an SEC team. (That's almost like a back handed slap for other conferences)

2. He also made mention it was done by a disciple of Nick Saban

3. Auburn was the one everyone will remember losing it (finally something people will remember them for)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Also...Saban was all over this show. AJ won another award and it was announced during the game. So you just can't get rid of Bama. :)

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
here's a couple other streaks that ended tonight:

18 pts was the largest lead blown in the BCS title game.

The team leading at halftime was 15-0 in BCS title games until tonight.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
OK, some had serious reasons not to pull for the noles, and I'm OK with that....but:
wanting the Barn to win to keep the BCS championship in state or to keep the title in the SEC is like wanting your ex-wife to marry your brother to keep it in the family.....
Barn knows all about fambly......

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
The outcome works for me. Feels good to see that offense slow by someone. Not stopped but slowed. I won't have to listen to alot of foolishness at work today.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
The outcome works for me. Feels good to see that offense slow by someone. Not stopped but slowed. I won't have to listen to alot of foolishness at work today.
Except fot the fact they will sling in your face..."Yeah, but we still beat Bama". So, yes, we can look on the facts that the barn is hurt in this one, but in the end, 'Braggin rights' seems to put a damper on anything we can feel good about otherwise. As much as I miss living in Alabama, I at least won't have to endure that for the next 10+ months. You fellow Tiders in Bama have my sympathy.

Now, let's let CNS concentrate on cementing another great recruiting class and figuring out how to finally put an effective defense against the hunh. Then, after deciding how to attack the rest of CFB, being the first National Champion in the new playoff system. Roll Tide!

catsbane

Scout Team
Dec 11, 2008
Helena
Gentlemen, this gloating over the gut-wrenching disappointment dealt to our in state neighbor is most unseemly... (snicker).

AUTigers001

1st Team
Feb 3, 2010
FSU defended the run better than I thought they would. They have the fastest defense that we've played against... they are very good. Great game. Congrats to FSU.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
here's a couple other streaks that ended tonight:

18 pts was the largest lead blown in the BCS title game.

The team leading at halftime was 15-0 in BCS title games until tonight.
This. BUT they were only 13 seconds away....

I'll say this, I had jury duty and it was full of Aubies. When I asked them about the outcome of the game thy said to a one, "it doesn't matter, WE BEAT BAMA!" I told them that was the difference between Bama and Awbrens. It really goes to Jess's article after the IB.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
3. Auburn was the one everyone will remember losing it (finally something people will remember them for)
Remember, they're joining the ACC anyway (at their fans' behest), so the takeaway memories of the SEC streak's demise are guaranteed to be even more delicious for anybody unaffiliated with the cow college.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.