What goes around comes around...AU lost and so the exact miracles go AUgainst them :)

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
I never had a barner tell me they were pulling for us. Why does it matter who we pull for anyway?????? It not like it is going to help them win.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I don't understand this either. Had tons of barners saying they were going to be cheering hard for Bama to beat OU, so we should all cheer for them against FSU. I believe they knew they were going to lose and didn't want Bama fans to give them hell for it. I don't believe for a second they were cheering for us.
Same here, I don't believe for a second that Auburn fans were pulling for Bama. I seem to remember Texas colored Auburn logos and that Irish mascot with Auburn colors being flaunted all over the place leading up to those games. I'll never understand this SEC must cheer for the SEC attitude, it even happens hear on Tidefans some. I'm a Bama fan, not an SEC fan. AU and UT are 2 of my most hated teams and it ain't my fault they are in the SEC, but that doesn't mean I have to cheer for them either.

At least me and my sister (she's an AU alumni) are honest with each other; she never roots for Bama and makes that known and I never root for AU and make that known. I got to do the biggest tomahawk chop I've done in years last night since the Braves can never do anything in the playoffs.

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
Screw Em!
I've been called on the carpet today via Facebook today because as a Bama fan, I didn't cheer for awbrin to keep it in the state. One of the most obnoxious barn fans I know said she guesses she is a better sport when it comes to the state of Alabama and the SEC than I could ever be because she sat in her recliner and yelled Roll Tide during the Sugar Bowl and she is not going to stoop to my level and say anything against the Alabama team in the Sugar. Now...this was not in reference to anything I posted on my wall but was a comment to a post I made congratulating a friend who is an FSU fan. Sure I said Roll Noles Roll, but what's it to her? Thankfully, she is not a friend because she would have been deleted.

I sure wish one of you would have told me there is a rule that says we must cheer for our in-state rival.

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
Same here, My brother is graduate of the University of arebrun and there is no way in 7 hells he is pulling for us and he knows I feel the same way about them. Its all good, we just cant watch games together but we meet afterwards, its fun we don't berate each other we just discuss the games. Im going to give him a few days before I call him cause I know he is crushed. I love him but I HATE the barn, and vice versa, its just not right pulling for them and Im not hiding it. They suck! BOOOM! eat it Gus.
Same here, I don't believe for a second that Auburn fans were pulling for Bama. I seem to remember Texas colored Auburn logos and that Irish mascot with Auburn colors being flaunted all over the place leading up to those games. I'll never understand this SEC must cheer for the SEC attitude, it even happens hear on Tidefans some. I'm a Bama fan, not an SEC fan. AU and UT are 2 of my most hated teams and it ain't my fault they are in the SEC, but that doesn't mean I have to cheer for them either.

At least me and my sister (she's an AU alumni) are honest with each other; she never roots for Bama and makes that known and I never root for AU and make that known. I got to do the biggest tomahawk chop I've done in years last night since the Braves can never do anything in the playoffs.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I've been called on the carpet today via Facebook today because as a Bama fan, I didn't cheer for awbrin to keep it in the state. One of the most obnoxious barn fans I know said she guesses she is a better sport when it comes to the state of Alabama and the SEC than I could ever be because she sat in her recliner and yelled Roll Tide during the Sugar Bowl and she is not going to stoop to my level and say anything against the Alabama team in the Sugar. Now...this was not in reference to anything I posted on my wall but was a comment to a post I made congratulating a friend who is an FSU fan. Sure I said Roll Noles Roll, but what's it to her? Thankfully, she is not a friend because she would have been deleted.

I sure wish one of you would have told me there is a rule that says we must cheer for our in-state rival.
I think social media is a bad place for discussing football allegiences, religion and politics.

Online comments don't have voice inflections, gestures and facial expressions so even though we may be kidding about comments they are sometimes taken seroiusly.

For this reason I refrain form discussing football on Facebook especially. Twitter is better because of its self imposed limits.

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
Agreed Im pretty obnoxious here and I voice my opinion amongst the crew here but I don't go on other sites, forums, faceplant tweeter etc etc. Oyea I just checked and the barn still sucks.
I think social media is a bad place for discussing football allegiences, religion and politics.

Online comments don't have voice inflections, gestures and facial expressions so even though we may be kidding about comments they are sometimes taken seroiusly.

For this reason I refrain form discussing football on Facebook especially. Twitter is better because of its self imposed limits.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Was it bad of me to go BOOM every time au screwed up and/or fsu made a good play??? ;)

Seriously....doesn't it may Muzahn look like a butt doing that all the time? That is something he just picked up this year and he looks like an something for doing it.

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
Heck no! It ...... me off when he does it. I remember ole Vern Stumblequist saying it on a slo-mo replay of an aub TD. The camera was zeroed in on GM and he was doing his signature HS fist pump and saying BOOOM and Vern was saying it with him. What a tool.
Was it bad of me to go BOOM every time au screwed up and/or fsu made a good play??? ;)

Seriously....doesn't it may Muzahn look like a butt doing that all the time? That is something he just picked up this year and he looks like an something for doing it.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
I think "Destiny" and "Boom" are going to be my most used words when in conversation with aubs during 2014.

Boom, that destiny thing sure disappeared quick, didn't it?

bamafan216

1st Team
Jun 28, 2002
Huntsville, AL
IF any Barn fans cheered for Bama; and likely there were not many, its only because they beat us!! Otherwise that would have been saying War D**m Noles! They just mad at Bama fans cause they lost. Yesterday was a good day! Sure makes the next few months more bearable.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
IF any Barn fans cheered for Bama; and likely there were not many, its only because they beat us!! Otherwise that would have been saying War D**m Noles! They just mad at Bama fans cause they lost. Yesterday was a good day! Sure makes the next few months more bearable.
This I agree with. If the reverse had been the situation (Bama winning the IB and SECCG, and in the NCG, and *u in the Sugar Bowl), I might, MIGHT, have rooted for *u to win the Sugar, just to make the SEC look good. I remember '09. And I'll be honest, I was pulling for Oregon in '10. But I don't believe the barners would have been pulling for Bama if Bama had been playing Forced Sex U on Monday night. Furthermore, I would not have cared, and that's a fact. Roll Tide!

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I have not lurked on any barn message boards since they lost.
Are they blaming us yet? Or have they found another scapegoat? They're really good at that, BTW.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Most of awbrens fans around here are "very proud" and they have been holding onto the mantra of the awbum spirit and how "they" the awbrens will always love and support their fine young men.........:rolleyes:

So far I haven't called anybody out on this vision they have of themselves.

always???:confused:

:D

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I just thought HOW they lost was classic.

1) the 100 yard punt return

BUT WAIT, we're not done

2) Two Aubies collided much like the UGA defenders which sprung the FSU WR 50+ yards to set up the game winner

While not exactly the same they were close enough :)
It couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch!

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
This I agree with. If the reverse had been the situation (Bama winning the IB and SECCG, and in the NCG, and *u in the Sugar Bowl), I might, MIGHT, have rooted for *u to win the Sugar, just to make the SEC look good. I remember '09. And I'll be honest, I was pulling for Oregon in '10. But I don't believe the barners would have been pulling for Bama if Bama had been playing Forced Sex U on Monday night. Furthermore, I would not have cared, and that's a fact. Roll Tide!
Honestly, I don't keep up with the barn and don't care what they do. If they win, I don't care. If they lose, I don't care. Unlike the aubies, what they are doing on a daily or weekly basis has no bearing on my life. Most of their fans are eaten up with Bama and what we are doing. It's actually very sad.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.