And so it begins: Auburn fans blaming loss on referees.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
here some samples, try not to laugh too hard.
:biggrin2:

'What absolutely killed me about it was that they didn't call holding once on fsu even though it happened every play. There were also multiple missed personal fouls throughout the course of the game. "

"FSU held every play but no call. 75 for FSU held every time. Big 10 refs."

"Yep, I don't want to sound like sour grapes but I saw at least two flagrant holds on Dee Ford and Kris Frost. Hand grabbing jerseys enough to turn bodies, the one on Frost was unbelievable. How could that not get called?"

"You're nuts. I had great seats at the game, and I've never seen worse no-calls for blatant holding ... and that's saying something since we play bama every year."

"The refs should be held accountable for this game. To me it seemed obvious that FSU was holding. That's a large reason why I'm so ....ed we lossed."

"as long as I have watched football , it confuses me to see so much holding by a team fsu and no calls. what the heck happens when a ref decides to call holding on a crucial play but not during plays that have little meaning ? ...fsu held so many times , during some replays you could clearly see jerseys stretching ."

" Not a single holding call on FSU all night. That is just pathetic."

"3rd qtr Sammie Coates reception. Ticky tacky holding call. Not one holding call on FSU. That was crucial"

there were a fair share of auburn fans that felt that the referres didn't cost them the game and some felt that auburn got away with some no calls as well.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: And so it begins: Auburn fans blaming lost on referees.

Kind of like how they missed the flagrant facemask on Winston and the horse collar at the end?

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX

Those refs were equally bad. However, to list a few personal fouls against Auburn not called: facemasking on Winston, late hit out of bounds in 1st qtr, and horse collar on long play near end of 4th. As to holding they should have watched their own number 56 right tackle - the king of holding for the entire game. Also, how about the passing interference not called just prior to FSU's fake punt conversion. Horrible is correct, but it cut both ways. I thought the refs missed more personal fouls than anything. In that category, Auburn was leading the way.

Bottomline, any game you have to have the mind set to make enough plays to beat the other team and the refs.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Those refs were equally bad. However, to list a few personal fouls against Auburn not called: facemasking on Winston, late hit out of bounds in 1st qtr, and horse collar on long play near end of 4th. As to holding they should have watched their own number 56 right tackle - the king of holding for the entire game. Also, how about the passing interference not called just prior to FSU's fake punt conversion. Horrible is correct, but it cut both ways. I thought the refs missed more personal fouls than anything. In that category, Auburn was leading the way.

Bottomline, any game you have to have the mind set to make enough plays to beat the other team and the refs.
furthermore, the refs didn't call un sportsman like conduct when Mason did his Heisman pose after the last auburn TD which btw he did after spiking the ball, another penalty. :wink:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

furthermore, the refs didn't call un sportsman like conduct when Mason did his Heisman pose after the last auburn TD which btw he did after spiking the ball, another penalty. :wink:
That's what I told my old man, I was surprised he wasn't flagged either. The ref was standing right there watching him. He even stopped as he was coming towards the sideline to do it!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I was surprised they actually threw the PI flag at the end. Seemed like they were determined to "let them play".

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007

Yea aubie blame the refs. I thought they got several calls. Boy sure tough to get your guts ripped out like that. tis tis they played so hard and just sucked at the end. That game could not have ended more perfectly for me. To all the aub big mouths out there eat it aubie eat it. The only thing that would have been better is if the game ended on a controversial play. I love it.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md

spiking the ball, horse collar, facemask, tripping (on the interception... at least i think that is a rule) a few PI and holding.
im just impressed the refs called one foul against barn

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

There were several hits out of bounds I thought would get called.

To me, the awburn DB's mauling the receivers play after play was the most blatant.
on the 3rd down and 10 before the fake punt, a CB wrap both arms around the fsu WR befor the ball arived and no call. amazing.

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007

Or the Mason spike in the endzone but flagged FSU for pointing at the Aub bench (which was a good call)
Kind of like how they missed the flagrant facemask on Winston and the horse collar at the end?

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com

A lot of these calls were right in the face of a ref too. It was really hard to believe the number of blatant no-calls.

I'm glad the outcome meant about zero to me.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

Most of the aubs from what I saw said that wasn't a horse collar. I promise you if the colors of the jerseys were swapped that would another call they say was missed.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA

I was surprised they actually threw the PI flag at the end. Seemed like they were determined to "let them play".
Especially since they had let Davis get away with one just as flagrant early in the game.

Also, on the horse-collar at the end of the game, I think he managed to catch a little facemask on his way to the back of the collar.

BamaGunner

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 6, 2011
Hoover, Al

Maybe the refs were afraid to throw a flag with that many criminals on the field at one time.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Talk about the "Pot Calling The Kettle Black".. I've seen no OLine in college football, get away with holding, more than The Barns OLine did this year & in the NC Game as well last night..Their offense was as good as it was this year running the ball, due to all the holding they were allowed to get away with, and they got away with some pretty blatant holding last night as well..As did The Criminals..

I actually thought the refs did a good job last night of letting both teams play some football & not allowing the game be decided by the refs..As all football games should be..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.