2014 CBS Preseason Top 25..

alabiker

Nov 14, 2013
Hi guys. I've been lurking this forum for years, and been a member for quite a while. Just haven't posted. I hope to change that some, and decided to start that here. I have absolutely no inside info, and my opinion is usually wrong, but it is often strong.

I believe #2 is a solid choice, for a number of reasons:

1) I think there was a lot of distraction on the team this year. There is a lot of chatter about some of the younger players being unhappy and even speaking openly causing dissension on the team this year. I expect that if that is true it will either be corrected or those kids will be gone by next year.

2) The whole "Saban to Texas" thing had to hurt some. He couldn't hold a team meeting and kill the rumors or the world would know the next day, so it had to be a distraction. Only pro jobs should be able to cause such distractions next year.

3) Having one of the greatest QBs in Bama history caused us to get away from Bama football. It was especially evident in the Sugar Bowl.

4) We may lose a running back or two this year, but we are going to have the best top to bottom group possibly ever. One comes out, his replacement might be even better. Yeldon played injured most of the year, and a lot of us have forgotten how good he can be. But a lot of people believe Altee and Tyren could be the best we have. That's hard to believe, because I think Henry and Drake as a team could be legendary.

5) The OL should be better. I hope that Cyko comes back, but I think Cam could start at LT. It's been done before. I think Grant Hill is going to have a big year, Kelly will be better, Arie another year heathier, Leon better, and we're bringing in the greatest freshman class ever. If any of the vets slip, some of them might be able to step in. I really think we're gonna be OK here.

6) The DBs will be better. I think Brown will see early playing time, and our second year guys will have a lot more understanding of the defense and will be able to play a lot faster. I hope that Vinnie will be back. We missed him most because of his leadership back there. Our D looked confused and out of place way too often after he went out. (Speaking of Vinnie, if he had been holding for Griffith on his FG try, which he would have been, he would have probably made the play at the end of the Iron Bowl. Too many people were standing around, and Vinnie never stands around.)

7) We need more pressure up front. Pettway's back, and I think Allen, Liner and and some of the incoming freshman are going to provide exactly that. We're gonna have a lot of speed and power up front, we just need a dominant NG.

8) We have a lot of talent at QB. I am not on the Coker bandwagon. I think Sims will do a great job in a Bama offense, and will add a dimension that's been missing for a long time. They say he has a strong arm and throws a great long ball, and is a very mobile runner. No, he has never looked good on short or timing routes, but if he gets #1 reps, that could change.
I am a Morris fan. Supposed to have a cannon for an arm and has been in the system for a while now.
Del Rio has had every advantage a kid growing up wanting to be a quarterback could have. There may not be a QB in college with more access to instruction. Supposedly very smart and a good leader. Full of confidence.
We have a couple of redshirts in the mix, and Cornwell coming in.
Should be a great battle through the spring and fall and whoever comes out on top ought to be a damn good QB

The big things is this: Who cares? The polls have about as much chance of getting it right now as they do in September. Hell, we were #1 in December. And has been pointed out, we don't even know exactly what the criteria will be to make the playoffs next year. But it is supposed that it will be hard to overcome not winning your conference. That's gotta be the goal. So I'm glad they have us ranked above the rest of the SEC. Just hope they're right.

Damn, didn't mean to do all of this. Will try to break it up from now on.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I could care less about the preseason top 25...especially today. I only care about seeing Bama in the top 4 at the end of next season!

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Me either and there is why. With the drop of a hat college football has become college basketball. Doesn't matter anymore if you lose to Tennessee as long as you can win the rest and slip into that top 4.
Exactly. This mentality is why I hate the playoff......It will be even worse when it inevidently expands in a few years......

Condor 63

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2003
Birmingham, AL
home.bham.rr.com
Exactly. This mentality is why I hate the playoff......It will be even worse when it inevidently expands in a few years......
Yup. The "proponents" are already starting with the 4 is not enough. Of course the "proponents" have mostly been the media creeps who will benefit greatly from adding more sports content they can package and sell. They finally sold their load to the general public who finally dumbed down enough to buy it.

The worst thing of all is I believe if we had that system this year ALABAMA would be kept out. Just no way they would set up any chance for an Alabama vs. Auburn matchup for the Natty. A similar situation next year and Alabama falls out of the top 7 after the Barn loss. Just watch.

The BCS almost always did what it was supposed to do and that is produce a matchup of the two best teams. That is also why the SEC dominated. Folks will learn the hard way and it won't take long IMO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.