2014 CBS Preseason Top 25..

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I reckon it's never to early for us die hard college football fans to talk about college football..LOL..I admit it's weird not seeing Bama as the preseason #1..I think it's funny that The Barn plays in the NC Game & return a good chunk of their players including their QB..

And we are breaking in a new QB which is the hardest task to do in a football program..We are still ranked higher..The Barn will always be in our shadow..SIAP Mods..If this article has already been linked..Please delete this thread..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
No. 2 is a little high for us IMO. I would prefer something around No. 5 so we could work our way up like in 2009. It would be nice to fly under the radar for a bit.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..Most every season I would rather be ranked in the top 2, but, with us breaking in a new QB, it would serve us better if our players felt disrespected by being ranked lower to start the season & they feel the need to earn the media's respect..JMO

No. 2 is a little high for us IMO. I would prefer something around No. 5 so we could work our way up like in 2009. It would be nice to fly under the radar for a bit.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
If it makes you guys feel better remember this is a CBS preseason poll....and those knuckleheads don't know a thing. I expect us to start somewhere between 5-7th which is about right and fair IMHO. If Del Rio can just run things like Gmac and AJ did their first years then we have a chance to compete for the SEC West. We won't sniff a NC or the playoff though. It's going to be a rebuilding year.

If it makes you guys feel better remember this is a CBS preseason poll....and those knuckleheads don't know a thing. I expect us to start somewhere between 5-7th which is about right and fair IMHO. If Del Rio can just run things like Gmac and AJ did their first years then we have a chance to compete for the SEC West. We won't sniff a NC or the playoff though. It's going to be a rebuilding year.
Rebuilding? Yep. But won't sniff the playoff. We have a great chance to win it all every year. Next year won't be different.

Sent from my iPhone

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
While I'm not a playoff proponent, we now 'only' need to finish in the top four to have a shot, so starting off as low as four or five would be preferable. The problem with #2 is that FSU could lose early in the season and then we're #1 again and haven't necessarily don't anything to 'prove' it.

I'd rather this team come in really hungry, so I'm hoping we'll come in around #4 when all is said and done.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
While I'm not a playoff proponent, we now 'only' need to finish in the top four to have a shot, so starting off as low as four or five would be preferable. The problem with #2 is that FSU could lose early in the season and then we're #1 again and haven't necessarily don't anything to 'prove' it.

I'd rather this team come in really hungry, so I'm hoping we'll come in around #4 when all is said and done.
This. Ginormous target on your back if you're number one and we always have a huge target anyway since we are Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I too would prefer to be ranked a little lower as well. It helps us fly under the radar and gain momentum without so much pressure. The QB position will tell the tale of next year. The roster is so stacked, and so many young guys gained experience we should be in good shape everywhere else. I like that the first four games are winnable off talent alone. That should let the QB situation shake itself out before a trip of Oxford for the fifth game. Next year is not a rebuilding year at all. Bama will not have rebuilding years with the level of talent on the three deep roster. CNS has shown that he knows how to bring along a QB. John Parker made a nice improvement in his second year under CNS, GMac got stronger as the year went, and so did AJ. That is three for three. No reason to think he can't do it again. I am also interested in what "starting over" will look like next year.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Why not? 3 out of the last 5 NC teams have had first year starting QBs so, I don't see why we can't be successful again with a new QB. If we compete for the SEC West then we will be sniffing the playoffs.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Why not? 3 out of the last 5 NC teams have had first year starting QBs so, I don't see why we can't be successful again with a new QB. If we compete for the SEC West then we will be sniffing the playoffs.
Agreed. For the record, ESPN's Mark Schlabach has us #2 as well. I'd guess we'll open in the top 4 easily.

While I'm sure the rankings throughout the year will have SOME influence on the playoff, it's important to remember that there will be no BCS rankings, and it's a selection committee, not the rankings, that will determine who plays in the round of 4.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Still, always better to start higher than lower so you can recover from a loss. Perception is perception. If you are ranked #1 and lose, you will normally only fall to 4-5. If you are 4-5, you can drop to 10 or worse.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.