News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

CB/S Chris Williams update

Gonna start off and say that I pretty much wrote him off because of grades and then Bessent flipping...BUT he just made a 20 on ACT and can qualify with a solid semester. Also, he has some of the best defensive film from his senior year that you could ask for.

2. Advertisement
    News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: CB/S Chris Williams update

Also, no signs of flipping.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Good to hear
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    Gonna start off and say that I pretty much wrote him off because of grades and then Bessent flipping...BUT he just made a 20 on ACT and can qualify with a solid semester. Also, he has some of the best defensive film from his senior year that you could ask for.
    That's some good news....I really like how he handled himself when Bessent tried to get him to flip on Twitter

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BirminghamBAMA View Post
    That's some good news....I really like how he handled himself when Bessent tried to get him to flip on Twitter
    What did he say?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Great news!!!

ROLL TIDE!!
    ....."The price of victory is high but so are the rewards"....
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation All-SEC p'colabamaman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this the Ole Miss recruit of which we are speaking?
    Let those who don't want none have memories of not getting any. Let that not be their punishment, but their reward. Brother Dave Gardner

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by p'colabamaman View Post
    Is this the Ole Miss recruit of which we are speaking?
    No. That is CJ Hampton. Williams committed to Alabama months ago. Many thought he would not qualify, which was a reason his teammate Kalvarez Bessent decommitted to Alabama and flipped to Auburn.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    What did he say?
    Bessent pretty much told him on Twitter that he needed to flip with him to Auburn and that he would talk to him tomorrow about "things" that Alabama do. Williams was pretty much like okay, we can talk tomorrow but you got to do what you got to do, but Im "Roll Tide" all the way, but nothing but respect to you and your decision.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    No. That is CJ Hampton. Williams committed to Alabama months ago. Many thought he would not qualify, which was a reason his teammate Kalvarez Bessent decommitted to Alabama and flipped to Auburn.
    Bessent believed things a disgruntled player on our team said to him; then negative recruiting fed that fire. That's why he flipped in my opinion.

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    Bessent believed things a disgruntled player on our team said to him; then negative recruiting fed that fire. That's why he flipped in my opinion.
    A current player on our team? Any idea who?
    "They're not better than us," Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick said of the Tide. "They're better than everyone."

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    I believe our trouble recruiting corners stems from the fact that if you sign with Alabama you are going to be ridden hard, worked hard, and if you screw up you're going to get screamed at. I think many corners just don't like that environment. At Alabama our defense works when we can cover the best receivers one on one. The biggest problems we faced this year was that our corners couldn't do it. We tried playing off, we tried close coverage. In the end they just couldn't do it. HOWEVER, if you look at the NFL to win a job you have to be able to cover the best one on one. So as a young man you're faced with the question: do I make the choice that will be the most fun NOW, or do I make the choice that will be less fun but could result in an NFL career and the financial rewards that brings. More and more in our society people don't want to earn anything they just want it given to them. but the rules of life haven't changed. I think there are players on our current team who have yet to figure that out. They answer correctly when interviewed but they don't know it in their heart.

In the end it's not the players you don't get that kill ya, it's the players you do.
    Last edited by bamaslammer; January 9th, 2014 at 08:47 AM.
    BS 1989