Link: Heated exchange between Winston, Fisher

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Sounds like something that could fester to me.
Winston's 'Prima Donna' attitude could cause FSU problems down the road.
There is no doubt that Winston is a special player, but it sounds like he has the
JFF Syndrome...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It was his passion for wanting to do something.
Right now, it's his "passion." When he messes up or gets in trouble, it'll be about his arrogance or disobedience or whatever the media decides to choose. However, the media darling just has "passion."

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
This quote from Dodd really stuck out to me in the article:

Good try, Jimbo. It's obvious Winston could be in the pros right now.
Is he serious? Winston's good no doubt, but "obvious he could be in the pros right now" after *U basically neutered him for much of the game? Please. It's obvious he could be in remedial English right now, but the NFL? Not so much.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Meh

I have lots of issues with Winston, but having a heated argument with his coach is not something I am going to throw a stone for. Sounds like it was handled well.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Meh

I have lots of issues with Winston, but having a heated argument with his coach is not something I am going to throw a stone for. Sounds like it was handled well.
Seriously. Dood blowing something he doesn't fully understand out of proportion--you know, like pretty much everything else he posts.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I applaud Jimbo for dismissing him from practice. I think no one standing up to Winston and only praising him has turned him into the self-centered person he appears to be. I see way too many kids in sports around my kids getting treated that way and I'm seeing the end results of it in some of our current crop of college football players.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I applaud Jimbo for dismissing him from practice. I think no one standing up to Winston and only praising him has turned him into the self-centered person he appears to be. I see way too many kids in sports around my kids getting treated that way and I'm seeing the end results of it in some of our current crop of college football players.
I also applaud Coach Fisher. That may have brought him back to earth after his winning the Heisman T. His head got tooooooo big and Coach Fisher needed to deflate the excess "selfishness and EGO" located there. You win as a TEAM, not as a one player Heisman Trophy winner. This may be why Heisman trophy winners have lost big time in many bowls after winning THAT trophy.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA

Is he serious? Winston's good no doubt, but "obvious he could be in the pros right now" after *U basically neutered him for much of the game? Please. It's obvious he could be in remedial English right now, but the NFL? Not so much.
I'm not even sure Winston is even "good" yet. He looked like he'd had too many Pizza's on the Heisman circuit, fat and slow. If he went to the pros he'd be another Vince Young.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm not even sure Winston is even "good" yet. He looked like he'd had too many Pizza's on the Heisman circuit, fat and slow. If he went to the pros he'd be another Vince Young.
I think he'll end up playing Baseball exclusively. I know I would if I were him. He's a darn good right fielder.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I think he'll end up playing Baseball exclusively. I know I would if I were him. He's a darn good right fielder.
So another FSU Heisman & NC winning black QB going pro in another sport? Didn't we see something like this about 20 years ago? ;)

Seriously, you're right. It very well could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
You right! The punk was lost! also to Dodd: Yea Jamarcus Russel and Ryan Leaf played in the NFL too ! JW will fit right in with those two tools. Same attitude and all

Trobinson97

All-SEC
Sep 4, 2008
Lotta hate for this guy for some reason. I wonder if this thread would have this tone if he did everything he did at FSU this past season at BAMA instead.

Roll Tide y'all, there's no reason to pile on the young man.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Lotta hate for this guy for some reason. I wonder if this thread would have this tone if he did everything he did at FSU this past season at BAMA instead.

Roll Tide y'all, there's no reason to pile on the young man.
I disagree, the dude is a Law & Order episode waiting to happen

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
At first I thought Winston was the next RG III or A. Luck, but Id have to say after watching him play some pretty mediocre D's and the barn, VS watching him play baseball, if hes smart (and that's debatable) he better jump on baseball, He is an outstanding baseball player, he could be the next big thing in baseball, but I think his pro football career is going the way of Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russel. Baseball can support his ME attitude, a football team cannot. Besides he truly is a flat stud on the diamond. I think he could be a GREAT pitcher or outfielder.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.