Question: Who you got in the Top 4 for this years playoff?

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
1) Florida State - No way they do not go undefeated in that laughter of a conference.
2) Bama - You did not think I was gonna leave Bama out did you? ;) Gonna have to win the SEC to get in though.
3) Oklahoma - Sure looked better in the Sugar bowl and against Oklahoma State at the end of the season, so could be improved.
4) Michigan State - I figure the committee will at least put one from the B1G or PAC 12 in so I went with who has the best defense.

This looks like a pretty good too early to think about it hard list to me. Whats is yours? :)

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Well, apparently the purpose of this whole thing all along is to get Oregon in, so how could you leave them out?:biggrin2:
They need Chip Kelly I believe to get serious consideration. ;) I could easily exchange Michigan State for Oregon. Just went with the winner between the two conferences but yeah there will be a spot for one of those two conferences whoever it may be. ;)

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Way to early to know. But it wouldn't surprise me to see Bama and Oklahoma in the top 4 at the end of next season.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
They need Chip Kelly I believe to get serious consideration. ;) I could easily exchange Michigan State for Oregon. Just went with the winner between the two conferences but yeah there will be a spot for one of those two conferences whoever it may be. ;)
Well, as you may not know, Michigan State & Oregon play each other next year, I believe.......@ Oregon.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I think FSU will be back, unfortunately (though i hope a sophmore slump for JW is in store)..

Other then that, give me the SEC champ (until I see how QB shakes out, I'm not giving us an automatic bid)

Pac 12 Champ (Stanford and Oregon both return starting QB's and a ton of talent)

and either Mich St. (even if they lose to Oregon, if they run the table and win the Big10 they could get in) or tOSU (Braxton Miller returning is a big deal, and they may be better next year than this year)...

I DON'T see two SEC teams getting in next year (I expect both most teams to be "down in comparison to normal, except the Barn and Us...so we could essentially be playing a play-in game in the Iron Bowl).

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
I think FSU will be back, unfortunately (though i hope a sophmore slump for JW is in store)..

Other then that, give me the SEC champ (until I see how QB shakes out, I'm not giving us an automatic bid)

Pac 12 Champ (Stanford and Oregon both return starting QB's and a ton of talent)

and either Mich St. (even if they lose to Oregon, if they run the table and win the Big10 they could get in) or tOSU (Braxton Miller returning is a big deal, and they may be better next year than this year)...

I DON'T see two SEC teams getting in next year (I expect both most teams to be "down in comparison to normal, except the Barn and Us...so we could essentially be playing a play-in game in the Iron Bowl).
You could be correct about the barn and us, but I don't see the luck staying with the barn like it did this year and I feel that there could be a rejuvenation happening in Tuscaloosa.

No more Saban to Texas talk, no more Heisman talk and lowered expectations in my opinion will help the team focus better than the past year. A lot of young guys also excited to compete for starting jobs and playing time will also help I believe. :)

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA
I really don't think the Big 10 gets in. I think Nebraska has a shot at upsetting Mich St (after Mich St beats Oregon) in week 3 and Oh St plays at Mich St in the regular season, which they will lose. Nebraska won't go undefeated, but should still be able to make it to the conference championship game. I would be surprised to see a BIG 10 team in the top 4 with a loss.

Haven't looked at rosters in the PAC 12, but Stanford's schedule shapes up pretty well if they can get past Oregon on the road. All of UCLA's tough games are at home next year too but their home schedule includes Arizona, USC, Utah, Oregon and Stanford with a non-conf game against TX (in Arlington)

I expect to see champs from PAC 12, BIG 12, SEC, and ACC. (Stanford, Oklahoma, BAMA-hopefully, and Florida St)

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
my picks are:

fla state, schedule

alabama, schedule

mich st, tough, discipline team in a weak conference

oregon, qb returning, and pac 12.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
I would have to put Stanford in there. If none of the underclassmen leave early, out of all of their starters, they lose the punter, the holder, the punt returner, and 1 LB, to graduation.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I see no one has predicted 2 teams from one conference yet.
I'd say the SEC has the best shot to. I still have a BAD feeling about selection committee. They have had some eyebrow raising comments lately. Guess we'll see.

FSU- an absolute cakewalk which will hurt them in the back to back format.
Ohio St. (MSU if they can overcome the losses senior-wise)
Whoever wins the SEC which I see as a real toss up.
Baylor/OU winner out of the Big 12

PAC 12 winner could possibly take the SEC spot as amazing as that sounds. I really feel the sec champ could have 2 losses and it is set up to cannibalize each other with so many teams looking so different.

tidechamp15

Suspended
Jan 3, 2014
What happens when theres 3 SEC teams @ seasons end in the top 4? I guess they change it again....anything to keep out the SEC from dominating again!

CSA4Ever

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
No particular order: Alabama, Oklahoma, Stanford, Ohio State.

There is a limit as to my objectivity as I REALLY want to see OU and Alabama have a chance to play each other for all the marbles.

I also predict that by this time next year we will be complaining about the selection committee just as we did the BCS system.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
How about the Gamecocks? They finished #4 in the nation and lose among the fewest off their 2-deep of any team in the nation. Now that is deceiving as they lose their top 2 offensive players and their top 3 defensive players, but top-to-bottom few teams return a more intact 2-deep than USC. Don't sleep on Spurrier.

CSA4Ever

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
I SPECULATE this committee will never include two teams from the same conference. Period.

Always remember that ALL major decisions are made with $$$$$ in mind. The money changers always look out for each other.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I SPECULATE this committee will never include two teams from the same conference. Period.
Always remember that ALL major decisions are made with $$$$$ in mind. The money changers always look out for each other.
I agree with this. Also in the event there two teams from any conference in the Final 4 they will play each other in the first round to avoid what happened in 2011.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I agree with this. Also in the event there two teams from any conference in the Final 4 they will play each other in the first round to avoid what happened in 2011.
Hypothetical: USC finishes undefeated and so does Bama. They play the SECCG and one team loses in the final minute in a close fought game.

What does the committee do then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.