New Poster in the Football Facility

JustJim

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
This question must be asked: Was this posted for coaches to see, too?
My thoughts exactly - The coaches share in the responsibility.

When the team wasn't ready to play or did poorly this year - Saban's answer "they didn't by in or focus" Bear's answer when the team wasn't ready or played poorly "It was my fault - I didn't have them ready to play."

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This question must be asked: Was this posted for coaches to see, too?
Umm, whose idea would it have been to post it in the first place?

I have to belabor this point though, if Alabama executes the plays that the coaches called, Alabama wins both games, perhaps in blow outs. First and foremost were missed field goals and turnovers, but you also had a lot of missed tackles and that sort of thing.

I'm not sure who to blame for the missed field goals, or the turnovers, but if I'm a coach and I go out and game plan, I assume the ability to make field goals within 40 yards and I assume there won't be a -4 (and 28 points off turnovers) in the turnover department. There's some adjustments to be made, but it starts with execution.

Alabama loses 10 defensive players to the NFL in two years, and still somehow has one of the best defenses. I'm much more inclined to give the coaches a pat on the back for having a defense that didn't look like Texas A&M's than I am to complain about the coaches performance. They're dealing with less experienced, younger players and it shows sometimes.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I have to belabor this point though, if Alabama executes the plays that the coaches called, Alabama wins both games, perhaps in blow outs. First and foremost were missed field goals and turnovers, but you also had a lot of missed tackles and that sort of thing.

I'm not sure who to blame for the missed field goals, or the turnovers, but if I'm a coach and I go out and game plan, I assume the ability to make field goals within 40 yards and I assume there won't be a -4 (and 28 points off turnovers) in the turnover department. There's some adjustments to be made, but it starts with execution.

Alabama loses 10 defensive players to the NFL in two years, and still somehow has one of the best defenses. I'm much more inclined to give the coaches a pat on the back for having a defense that didn't look like Texas A&M's than I am to complain about the coaches performance. They're dealing with less experienced, younger players and it shows sometimes.
Calm down, Krazy. I didn't say to reinvent the wheel (that was CNS's favorite speaker/motivator). That poster holds true for everything in life. You have to continue to improve. The coaches can do that without changing everything about the program.

Bammerham

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 1, 2009
Its still the coaches job to put players in position, or allow them to position themselves, to execute. Sending in and changing signals from the sideline while auburn is snapping the ball won't work. So although execution is key, that falls on the coaches too. Not just in prep but in-game and philosophy. Saban continues to attempt to get his rip/liz faster than the hurry up and many believe it won't work. I will sit back and watch before deciding but I am beginning to lean toward a more basic D like FSU adjusted to in the second half.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
Ok, I need some help and context here.

Is it saying they didn't do what they have always done? Because for the last 4 years (this class), they have pretty much always won.

Or is it saying always only in reference to consistent mistakes/application/attitude in the last two games?

I saw this on my phone today and thought it was a Barner who had posted it - so my apologies to the O.P.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Ok, I need some help and context here.

Is it saying they didn't do what they have always done? Because for the last 4 years (this class), they have pretty much always won.

Or is it saying always only in reference to consistent mistakes/application/attitude in the last two games?

I saw this on my phone today and thought it was a Barner who had posted it - so my apologies to the O.P.
I'm sure the intent was for the last two games, but i think you can go with both..
We play with the drive and desire we have had, we win championships.
Play like you did the last two games…hang it up

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I agree. Our coaching was perfect. Our players lacked motivation, discipline and commitment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.