Dear Auburn!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
They laughed at us when we lost the game. They laughed at us when we lost the bowl game. They laughed at us when Nuss accepted the job to Mich. They laughed at us when there was a rumor of Saban to Texas..... I think we earned this one laugh.
I don't see it as that funny. We are making fun of them just because they lost a game they beat us to get to? I was neither pulling for nor against them in the BCS game. I just don't find a reason to laugh over someone else doing what we couldn't.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I don't see it as that funny. We are making fun of them just because they lost a game they beat us to get to? I was neither pulling for nor against them in the BCS game. I just don't find a reason to laugh over someone else doing what we couldn't.
+1. If this was reversed and we had lost and AU was making fun of us we'd all be talking about how small and petty they were. Too many Alabama fans, both on and off this forum, have been just like AU fans for about 6 weeks now and it's shameful, IMHO.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
+1. If this was reversed and we had lost and AU was making fun of us we'd all be talking about how small and petty they were. Too many Alabama fans, both on and off this forum, have been just like AU fans for about 6 weeks now and it's shameful, IMHO.
Says the guy that pulled for AU. AU losing is, was, and always will be funny. The fact that they pulled off the biggest choke job in BCSNCG history (that's a statistical fact, BTW) makes it even better. If Alabama fans laughing at AU fans bothers you, maybe this rivalry isn't for you. It's only been happening since before most of us were born...

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
My coworker sent me the video because he thought it was hilarious. My coworker is an Auburn fan.

TideAle

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2006
NC
Good Laugh, I thought it was perfect 6 times in a row, especially the way he ends it classic and not to over the top.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

You apparently need a lot of help in enemy recognition as you seem to be totally clueless regarding the depth of our rivalry.

tmv85

All-SEC
Back maybe 30 or 35 years ago, an awbie could tell a Bama fan a joke with Bama as the butt of it. They'd laugh, and then the Bama fan would go tell it to an awbie fan so that awb was the butt of the joke, and they'd laugh. Then they began to have more success over us, and they developed a virulent attitude.

What I've observed is that, for the most part, the ones who have that attitude are the ones who are in their early to mid 30s. These are the "kids" who experienced the emergence of awbrin as an "elite" program (in their eyes, anyway.) They were the ones used to feeling like beating Bama was almost a sure thing, and they have no knowledge of Bama's earlier glory days. They thought they would always be the premier program, so when Bama hired Saban and brought stability and success BACK to the program, they didn't know how to react. Then they bought themselves a national championship, further building their program in their minds. In 2010, they began with the "everybody needs to cheer for awbrin so we can 'keep it in the state'". They didn't know how to win with class, and they still don't. Almost as bad is that many of them have trouble losing with class as well.

I've seen more whining and crying and "you're being mean" in the 4 days. The jokes, the T-shirts, the pictures when they win are fine, but when someone does it to them, they act like children.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.