Nussmeier/Replacement at OC (keep OC discussion here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
As I read many of the discussions on the board, I'm just thankful that we have so many posters who know more than CNS. I bet he is thankful for that also. If any of you have stories to relate about him asking for your advice and guidance, I'd really enjoy hearing them. Why I bet he hasn't really had the time to think it all through yet. He probably had no idea that Coach Nuss would be leaving. It probably caught him completely by surprise. And don't read anything to him asking CLK to drop in and evaluate our offense before the Sugar Bowl...just coincidental. In fact, I happen to know from a really good source that the only reason UA was comfortable paying him so much was because of their confidence in us as trusted advisors. Shoot, how many of those 3 NCs do you think he would have won without our input!
Really folks, trying to tell CNS who he should or shouldn't hire as his staff is a bit over the top in arrogance.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
If Kiffin ends up in Tuscaloosa - and it's looking more and more likely that he will - I sure hope it works out. Honestly, I'm not so worried about all of his extracurricular baggage. I don't think that will be an issue in the capacity that he'd be working. What does concern me, though, is that I think his reputation as an offensive mind is tremendously overblown. I've seen enough of his offenses post Carroll-era USC to know that I'm not fond of his playcalling. If some of us thought Mike Shula was back in the booth at times this past season, wait until Kiffin gets here.

I'll be slightly comforted by the fact that Kiffin would work within the framework of our current scheme, terminology and approach - those are generally the only conditions under which Nick will hire a coordinator. And I understand that Nick apparently thinks very highly of Lane. But IMO we could really do better.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
As I read many of the discussions on the board, I'm just thankful that we have so many posters who know more than CNS. I bet he is thankful for that also. If any of you have stories to relate about him asking for your advice and guidance, I'd really enjoy hearing them. Why I bet he hasn't really had the time to think it all through yet. He probably had no idea that Coach Nuss would be leaving. It probably caught him completely by surprise. And don't read anything to him asking CLK to drop in and evaluate our offense before the Sugar Bowl...just coincidental. In fact, I happen to know from a really good source that the only reason UA was comfortable paying him so much was because of their confidence in us as trusted advisors. Shoot, how many of those 3 NCs do you think he would have won without our input!
Really folks, trying to tell CNS who he should or shouldn't hire as his staff is a bit over the top in arrogance.

Well, this is a forum for Tide fans, meaning that opinions are always a part. I see no problem with members posting their views.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
For you worrisome folks:

@TravHaneyESPN Seems odd to masses, maybe, but great landing spot for Kiffin. No media obligations, can just coach. Saban/Belichick are Lane's top mentors.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Well, this is a forum for Tide fans, meaning that opinions are always a part. I see no problem with members posting their views.
I absolutely agree with your thought. That's why I spend time here, but I don't believe you need to include "veiled threats" and prophecies about the hiring of a particular individual. That's what I'm referring to. Kiffin isn't my favorite personality, but I'll be happy if Coach Saban is happy. That said, Ms Layla will be a most welcome addition to the Tide fanbase. Easy on the eyes.:)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
For you worrisome folks:

@TravHaneyESPN Seems odd to masses, maybe, but great landing spot for Kiffin. No media obligations, can just coach. Saban/Belichick are Lane's top mentors.

Great to hear. This is a great move for both involved. Kiffin will learn a lot, and hopefully he will bring a new spark to our offense.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
If Kiffin ends up in Tuscaloosa - and it's looking more and more likely that he will - I sure hope it works out. Honestly, I'm not so worried about all of his extracurricular baggage. I don't think that will be an issue in the capacity that he'd be working. What does concern me, though, is that I think his reputation as an offensive mind is tremendously overblown. I've seen enough of his offenses post Carroll-era USC to know that I'm not fond of his playcalling. If some of us thought Mike Shula was back in the booth at times this past season, wait until Kiffin gets here.

I'll be slightly comforted by the fact that Kiffin would work within the framework of our current scheme, terminology and approach - those are generally the only conditions under which Nick will hire a coordinator. And I understand that Nick apparently thinks very highly of Lane. But IMO we could really do better.

Before his infamous demise, the USC QB couldn't throw it down field. Coach O steps in and he turns their QB into the 'throwin Samoan.' The entire offense for the rest of the season suddenly has a Pete Carroll flashback. Just wondering if his complete pictorial resume comes with his interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.