Nussmeier/Replacement at OC (keep OC discussion here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Re: Nussmeier to Michigan

Good luck to Coach Nuss...

Very interested to see we get as OC....would this site melt down completely if it were Kiffin? Honestly, I have no idea how I would react if that occurred.
The biggest downside to hiring Kiffin would be his baggage and the fact that he is likely to land another HC job sooner rather than later.

The plus side? He's a former NFL head coach, a good recruiter, and an accomplished offensive coordinator. I'm not in love with him, but I imagine under Nick Saban's guidance, he'll be a great coordinator and could develop into a great head coach.

No idea if he's a consideration right now, but the rumor has been floating around and Nuss leaving seems odd, because Alabama would match offers if they wanted to keep him around.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Wish I could say I hate to see this happen, but I'm excited.

Same here. I wish him luck, but it will be exciting to see what a new guy can bring to us.

It seems in our losses these last two years..we all were scratching our heads at the offensive play calling.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Nussmeier to Michigan

Well, we need to figure out how we will handle a potential Lane Kiffin hiring on Tide Fans! Hold on its gonna be a wild ride!!

Wish Nuss well, but like said previously, I'm not shocked or sad.

RTR!

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

Honestly, I've missed McElwain since he left for CSU. Nuss did a good job and I wish him the best in his future endeavors. I can't wait to see who's next.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL

When Nuss's offense clicked it really clicked, but when it didn't he had a hard time trying something else and making adjustments during a game. I am excited to see who the next one will be. Kiffen? I hope not.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn

No surprise here. The smoke had been that Saban was disappointed in Nussmeier by the end of this season. I figured this would be the way it would go down. Saban wouldn't fire him but instead allow him the opportunity to land on his feet like Applewhite.
Same thing I thought. This is "irreconcilable differences." Good luck to Nussmeier up there. I think we'll be better off with someone more in line with what CNS wants.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

Thanks Nuss and good luck. Looks like a good move for everybody...especially us!! :biggrin2:

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

As far as Lane Kiffin, I've always maintained the position that he is a great offensive mind. It's just that he has an offensive personality. Saban could keep that in check, though.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn

If for no other reason than it would make Tennessee fan's heads explode, Lane Kiffin would be a fun hire. Can you imagine the look on Junior and Lulu's faces when a Lane Kiffin coached Alabama scores 49 in Neyland?!? hahahahahahaha

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

Wait if Kiffin comes to Bama wouldn't we have to expand the stadium more so that his ego will fit?
We 'should' be okay... unless we put a dome on BDS - then all bets are off, lol.

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN

First, good luck to Coach Nuss. We wish you the best.

As for the coach previously known as Lame Kitten, that nickname may be no more. It may soon be Coach Kiffin, sir. Is that not wild? And exciting!

Who among us didn't think there was more to CLK's visit to Tuscaloosa to discuss offensive schemes?

Roll Tide!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

We are all speculating about Kiffin because he was on campus a couple of weeks back. Don't forget we have a former head coach in Mario Cristobal on staff. I could see him promoted to OC and hire a stud O line coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.