Nussmeier/Replacement at OC (keep OC discussion here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
Re: Nussmeier to Michigan

Rumors have been pretty heavy on this lately and I guess they were true. Lane come on down...?

superbamashane

1st Team
Aug 14, 2006
Sylacauga, AL

Saw this on Twitter. Came here to see. This thought crossed my mind when Kiffin was in town. 5his ought to be fun. Bad move for Nuss though.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Holy crap. Lane Kiffin is about to become our OC...
Wow! Oh wow! What a recruiter.

I said it earlier after the barn game, nuss' play calling gets predictable. Not surprised, and not disappointed. Good luck to him, not like he'll need it from me.

Lame Kiffykins, really. I mean, really? Thats interesting to say the least.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

No surprise here. The smoke had been that Saban was disappointed in Nussmeier by the end of this season. I figured this would be the way it would go down. Saban wouldn't fire him but instead allow him the opportunity to land on his feet like Applewhite.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I'm totally fine with this move. I've defended the guy for two years because our numbers and PPG on paper stayed balanced with previous years. But he had game after game mount up that had head scratching play calling sequences that destroyed any offensive continuity. He handled a lot of crucial offensive situations poorly no matter what the season avg stats looked like.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Nussmeier is a great QB coach who usually had McCarron seeing the plays on the field. He also developed him technically in footwork and a great play fake seller.

Still, this guy struggled with calling a game outside of the frontrunner position. The UGA comeback was more on Saban giving the ultimatum "we can't block them, so run the ball." The TAMU comeback in the first half was more or less TAMU's defensive ineptness.

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK

Good luck to Coach Nuss...

Very interested to see we get as OC....would this site melt down completely if it were Kiffin? Honestly, I have no idea how I would react if that occurred.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL

Am thrilled to see this development. In-game play calling adjustments became non-existent by the end of this year. Gotta get back to a CJM type OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.