Nussmeier/Replacement at OC (keep OC discussion here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnbamaman

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2012
Re: Nussmeier to Michigan

same here. we seemed too pass happy lately.
Amen to that. We had opportunities in more than 1 drive in the Sugar Bowl to run it down Okie's throat and did with success but we never committed and established the run. Running with a horse like Henry is exactly how to slow down a good pass rush. I hope we get someone in here who can see these things and make the adjustments.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Good luck to coach Nuss at UM...

I would love to have Kiffen as an OC. He knows his stuff in that aspect, and it would peeve a ton of people... Another reason for everyone to hate us, and I am okay with it...

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

I may have to eat crow on this but I'd be surprised if CNS brings Kiffin to T'town as the OC BUT I've eaten crow before.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I have to say that I am somewhat surprised at Nuss leaving. I had heard rumors, but still surprised. Really looking forward to see who Coach picks as new OC. Saban is so dedicated to excellence.

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN

If for no other reason than it would make Tennessee fan's heads explode, Lane Kiffin would be a fun hire. Can you imagine the look on Junior and Lulu's faces when a Lane Kiffin coached Alabama scores 49 in Neyland?!? hahahahahahaha
That's part of the fun, especially if you live "amongst" 'em. The thought of it is great if he comes through.

On a personal level for CLK if all is true, he was just thrown a life ring for his coaching career.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Can you imagine Kiffin in Alabama gear? Wild to think back to 2009. Who would ever consider him coming to Bama? This will be fun to speculate..which coach is going to be hired.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

I am excited about the possibility of Lane Kiffin becoming our offensive coordinator. Will he also coach QB's or, will he coach WR's? It would be interesting to see what he could do with Cooper, Black, White, Foster and Falkins. Probably has more talent that the 2005 USC WR's....

Also wonder if with Kiffin do we bring back the FB? Some i formation with Nudie at FB and Henry at RB....

If we do hire a seperate QB coach, who would you want? Someone like George Whitfield?

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007

Another upside is his wife is HAAAWIT!
The biggest downside to hiring Kiffin would be his baggage and the fact that he is likely to land another HC job sooner rather than later.

The plus side? He's a former NFL head coach, a good recruiter, and an accomplished offensive coordinator. I'm not in love with him, but I imagine under Nick Saban's guidance, he'll be a great coordinator and could develop into a great head coach.

No idea if he's a consideration right now, but the rumor has been floating around and Nuss leaving seems odd, because Alabama would match offers if they wanted to keep him around.

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK

Saban's policy of not letting coordinators not talk to media would go a long way towards keeping Kiffin's ego in check.

Personally, I think it would be a very interesting hire...not sure he'd be around for more than a couple of years, but he knows offense.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013

I'd be happy with Kiffin. He's a fine OC, but a horrible HC.

tnbamaman

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2012

That's part of the fun, especially if you live "amongst" 'em. The thought of it is great if he comes through.

On a personal level for CLK if all is true, he was just thrown a life ring for his coaching career.
Yeah. The TN fans hate the guy. It would make for a hostile environment this year at Neyland Stadium. That is what make it fun though. This will be an interesting hire.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004

The guy just always seems to land on his feet.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

[a] Our current receivers coach - Napier - was OC at Clemson(?).

It would be tempting to make a run at Bloomgren- OC - or Sanford - QBs/receivers - from Stanford

[c] I'm glad we have who we have to be making these decisions.

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I wonder about the timing of this. CNS brought Kiffen in to help with some offense over the break. Is there a possibility that Nuss knew he would be leaving, and CNS just wanted him to wait until after EE's got on campus to make a change (keep continuity in recruiting), and the plan fro the next OC was already in place? (forgive the run on sentence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.