Nussmeier/Replacement at OC (keep OC discussion here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Colin Cowherd was just on Finebaum and talked about the hire along with how refocused CNS is. He said a very close source he can trust said Saban asked folks while in LA about the issues with the team and looked in the mirror and thought about how he can improve.
This is what great people and coaches do.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Personally, I think this is a BIG mistake. I will still support the team but I am disappointed in this choice. Did we even consider anyone else?
considering how fast this happened after Nuss left, I imagine it has been in the works a while (this also supports the idea Nuss leaving was a bit by mutual agreement). I'm also a bit wary of the hire because of his most recent history. Maybe he is like his dad and better as a coordinator than as a head coach.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Kiffin was a good offensive coordinator, and he's still young. It's not even fair to say he was a bad head coach, he was just in way over his head. There are probably active NFL players older than him, and he's had three head coaching gigs already. He was just way over-promoted, and his immaturity showed in a lot of ways.

This guy has a lot to prove, he has the talent to prove it, and without all the distractions of being a head coach, he should thrive.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I am in the extreme minority here, as I have always liked kiffin (especially the way he did Tennessee)... The thing is, you never heard the SLIGHTEST rumblings about him negatively until he was a HC. There is a reason for that. He can come in, do his job, and that's all he has to do... i think this is the BEST hire for the job, and it actually gets me excited going forward (something I have needed after the last few ball games)...

BTW...I am ready to see OJ Howard dismantle people...

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Kiffin was a good offensive coordinator, and he's still young. It's not even fair to say he was a bad head coach, he was just in way over his head. There are probably active NFL players older than him, and he's had three head coaching gigs already. He was just way over-promoted, and his immaturity showed in a lot of ways.

This guy has a lot to prove, he has the talent to prove it, and without all the distractions of being a head coach, he should thrive.

I'm still trying to figure out what's broke

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm still trying to figure out what's broke
Hey, don't look at me. I'm not the one that kept saying that Alabama's coaches did something wrong, or that the play calling was bad... but plenty of people here, including more influential posters did just that. Now, I personally don't know why Nuss left, or if it was mutual, but the people that thought something had to change are getting what they wanted. My viewpoint if is something did have to change, then hiring a proven OC that's a good recruiter makes plenty of sense.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
Hey, don't look at me. I'm not the one that kept saying that Alabama's coaches did something wrong, or that the play calling was bad... but plenty of people here, including more influential posters did just that. Now, I personally don't know why Nuss left, or if it was mutual, but the people that thought something had to change are getting what they wanted. My viewpoint if is something did have to change, then hiring a proven OC that's a good recruiter makes plenty of sense.
Not trying to argue, but Nick Saban is getting what he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.