PSU Interviews Franklin for HC

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Scranton, PA newspaper reporting Vandy coach James Franklin was offered job in FL meeting with search committee. PSU says not so. Paper says he's announcing his decision today. If accurate and he takes the job, has Vandy's profile elevated enough to attract a high profile coach to replace him?

I've heard of PSU interest in him rumored around for a while, but this is the first I've heard of an actual interview made public.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Scranton, PA newspaper reporting Vandy coach James Franklin was offered job in FL meeting with search committee. PSU says not so. Paper says he's announcing his decision today. If accurate and he takes the job, has Vandy's profile elevated enough to attract a high profile coach to replace him?

I've heard of PSU interest in him rumored around for a while, but this is the first I've heard of an actual interview made public.
This will be interesting to watch on both ends.

On the one hand, PSU is entering a phase where whoever takes the job will need to do more with less. You can argue that Franklin did that at Vandy. And he will certainly energize that program and change the culture and help them get out of the Sandusky "funk".

On the other hand, the question you pose is interesting. Franklin certainly elevated the profile of Vandy. They wouldn't have landed a Charlie Strong, but I think they are at the point now where hot, up-and-coming coordinators would be much more willing to accept the challenge of coaching at Vandy. It will be interesting to watch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.