LSU RB Jeremy Hill changes mind, will enter NFL draft (1/13 update)

KYtider

Jul 16, 2013
I figured he was for sure gone to the league and coming back to college just surprised me considering how short an NFL RB career usually is. He must have the same person giving him direction as Cryus does.. This yr of players that are leaving and staying is as strange as I have seen in a while and this one is at the top.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Espn reports Jeremy Hill plans to return to LSwho.. shocking

Assuming he sees the field next year, Fournette and Hill will be an amazing combo.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

They'll have a great duo, but they lose a great QB and 2 great WR and I think 2-3 OL. Not a smart move on his part imho. A RB has a very limited pro career nowadays; you have to take the money if you are projected in the first 3 rounds imho. Unlike other positions where a first round grade is the cutoff, a RB in the 3rd round still gets about a 3-5 million guaranteed contract right?

I think Yeldon should go pro next year assuming (and hoping) he's not injured.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I wonder what the logic is? National Championship? Heisman possibilities?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

His judge changed his probation to make him stay another year.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I find this very shocking. Figured he was gone for sure.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

He got more crimes to commit and the state of Louisiana is the only place that will allow him to continue that lifestyle. Except maybe Florida

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

A RB who grades in the top three rounds (which i would assume hill would) should go as soon as possible...

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC

I wonder what the logic is? National Championship? Heisman possibilities?
I doubt that he would be a heisman candidate with his sexual misconduct. Look how the speculation of charges effected Winston?? What chance would a convicted sexual predator have of winning the Heisman??

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

I doubt that he would be a heisman candidate with his sexual misconduct. Look how the speculation of charges effected Winston?? What chance would a convicted sexual predator have of winning the Heisman??
Maybe all the potential victims in BR have become too vigilant. Maybe he figures a change of venue might make it easier for him to find someobody to sucker punch or sexally assault.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I've got no fear of facing Hill again, I just think it's a wise move on his part - RBs don't typically have long careers, and playing the SEC, while not the same as the NFL, piles on the abuse. Make the money while you can, JH!

Pluck and Grit

All-SEC
Jul 12, 2001
Delray Beach, FL
RB of all positions is making less sense to stay nowadays. They are getting drafted lower and lower, even the best ones, so when you think about staying to "up" your stock, there's getting to be kind of a glass ceiling there for how high you can up it. Top of the line ones going in the 2nd round and whatnot.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
With rare exceptions like Adrian Peterson, it's seeming more and more that drafting a RB in the first round is a wasted pick. There's just too much importance on passing and pass rushing. A RB really should go as soon as possible, because RBs are going to make their money holding out towards the end of their rookie deal and getting paid then.

On a year to year basis, a good RB is still massively important. But it's just not worth the investment a high draft pick costs.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.