Kevin Steele will stay on at Alabama (updated)

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Re: Kevin Steele will be Louisville DC

I guess that high profile speaker Dr. Elko knows his stuff.... (recommended CNS rebuild/reload/re-invent or whatever he said) and must be good!! :)
---lots of change
RTR

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Well, Saban has ANOTHER position to fill! Geez!
yes it it is a position to fill but not a coaching position. He was Director of Player Personnel. I assume we could either promote from within or go get Patrick Suddes back from Texas. :)

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Hmmm just read Patrick Suddes won't be retained by Texas. So this might be an easy one. ;)

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I have it on very good authority that Kevin wanted to get back into an on-the-field position and that is what drove this decision. TIFWIW.....

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I have nothing but respect for Coach Steele..Good luck Coach Steele(unless you're playing against Bama that is)..

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011

What does the director of player personnel do?
It is a managerial support position. In college, it involves making sure that players deal with compliance, student services, strength and conditioning, travel plans, facilities, housing, parking and legal matters, whereabouts, etc. I belive they also act as the liasion between players and various departments (coaches, professors, etc.). I think it would be somewhat like HR in the business world.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

I see it differently. Kevin may have been encouraged to 'Explore Other Opportunities'.
I doubt this. Steele didn't even have a coaching job at Alabama. This is a big step up, even if to a lesser school. This job at Alabama was always just a place holder until something on the field developed at Alabama or elsewhere.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.