Alabama Juniors Declaring for the NFL Draft

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Kudos to Hubbard for graduating and best wishes. Sorry the others bailed early.:frown:
Saban said they are on track to graduate and I'm guessing he means May. That isn't BAILING early.

On EDIT: CyKo may be the only one not set to graduate as he has only been here for 3 years. Not sure about the others, but I don't recall them playing as True Freshman--maybe Haha?

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Congrats to all who have finished or will finish their degrees soon and go to the NFL. That is completing the mission as far as I'm concerned.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Jeez, one graduated and three on track to graduate in 4 years. And these are players going to the NFL. That is a 100% on time or earlier graduation rate among a group of individuals who fall into a class not necessarily known for their academic prowess (top round NFL draftees).

One more reason to be impressed by CNS' program. I only wish we could come close to that on time graduation percentage at my institution among our regular students, who do not have the prospect of six to seven figure incomes from their athletic talent. We do little better than half that.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I'm happy for these guys and I appreciate what they gave to the program in their time with us. I agree that Cyrus could've used another year, but, hey, if the grade says go, why would you risk staying and getting injured? Good on him.

Best of luck to all of them! RTR

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
Cyko and Ha Ha are currently projected as first round picks. Any potential upside in the draft must be weighted against the possibility of injury if they return. I would think that most posters on here would come to the same decision.

tidechamp15

Suspended
Jan 3, 2014
Can't wait to see if the o-line will look like last years! Because I know Saban will be on them even more

Last edited by a moderator:

tidechamp15

Suspended
Jan 3, 2014
It will be interesting to see how Strong does with "the powers that be" @ TX

Last edited by a moderator:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
First, I wish all of these guys success in all of their future endeavors. Second, no one should judge CK because you think he should have stayed. If the pros tell you that they are ready to pay you large amounts of money and will correct any problems you may have with top-notch coaching, you go. Third, does anyone else find it strange that CK thanked Coach Sunseri when Coach S. was only there for one of CK's three years on campus?

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
First, I wish all of these guys success in all of their future endeavors. Second, no one should judge CK because you think he should have stayed. If the pros tell you that they are ready to pay you large amounts of money and will correct any problems you may have with top-notch coaching, you go. Third, does anyone else find it strange that CK thanked Coach Sunseri when Coach S. was only there for one of CK's three years on campus?
Coach Sunseri was CyKos primary recruiter if I remember correctly.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
HaHa is probably the most likely to be a star in the NFL but the least likely to be a damaging loss if Sunseri is 100% by the Fall. Well, Hubbard was almost invisible this season...so perhaps I've already been proven wrong on that first sentence.

I hate seeing Pagan go because I don't think this year was his best indicator of his NFL ability for the scouts.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I applaud HaHa and CyKo for leaving now. They both have very bright futures ahead of them, and I don't think either ones draft stock would have risen enough to justify coming bak for another year and risking injury. HaHa especially being the top safety prospect should go fairly early. Smart move for both guys.

I am strangely neutral on Hubbard. I never felt like his performance matched the hype he gets from scouts. I know he has all the measurable a you look for in an NFL linebacker, but he just seems to be virtually nonexistent on the field. I hope this doesn't come across as player bashing as it isn't intended to be, but I feel like he is the most overrated prospect Bama has had under Saban.

I do hate to see Pagan leave. Due to his position and body of work, I'm not sure how much his draft stock would have risen had he been given another year to prepare, but a 5th round grade seems awfully low to justify dropping out of college. Seems to me like he's getting greedy, and it might come back to bite him some day. Just my opinion of course, and nothing more than that.

I do wish them all best of luck. They have all been stellar representatives of the university, and they have been integral parts of one of the greatest runs in college football history. It is exciting to think that the future of our program is so bright, that even the loss of four players such as these would seem minimal due to the players we have waiting in the wings to take their place. It is an amazing time to be a Bama fan. Roll Tide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I understand Cy and Haha leaving early. don't understand Pagan or Hubbard leaving. I think both could have benefitted from coming back another year. Hubbard hasn't played his best football yet. If he improved and became a leader next year, he would jump up the charts. this was Pagan's first year as a starter, so i think another year could help his draft stock also.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
Well what else can you say...when opportunity knocks. Good luck guys!!! Make us proud!! RTR!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.