Alabama Juniors Declaring for the NFL Draft

DothanTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2011
not as crazy as it sounds. He'd possibly be a 2nd-3rd round pick. with some good workouts he could be 2nd round. he's coming off injury so their could be fear of re-injury.
While the 2014 safety class is pretty weak, it's not *that* weak. While I love Vinnie and what he's done for the Tide during his time here, I only really see him as a Sean Considine-ish ST ace who may get a spot start or two in the NFL and those guys are Day 3 guys at the very best. Coming back for his senior season would've absolutely boosted his stock if he kept up the quality of play from this season before he got injured.

I would be absolutely thrilled to watch him prove me wrong, obviously(as long as he isn't doing it against my beloved Jags ;)).

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
not as crazy as it sounds. He'd possibly be a 2nd-3rd round pick. with some good workouts he could be 2nd round. he's coming off injury so their could be fear of re-injury.
I don't see it, not coming off injury. I'm betting he's 4th or lower round material. Could really have helped himself with another year.

clayboy166

Dec 11, 2008
Montgomery, AL
I would love for once to see how good of a team we would have if we didn't have to rebuild a team every year. I know it come with the territory, just wishful thinking.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't see it, not coming off injury. I'm betting he's 4th or lower round material. Could really have helped himself with another year.
Agreed, a lot of the guys we've had declare early are 3rd round grade at best. Hubbard, Pagan, and now potentially Sunseri.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I was really surprised with a couple of others that declared. I am shocked at this one. Loved watching this kid play and wish him nothing but the best.

Last edited:

Bama Addiction

3rd Team
Mar 29, 2004
Rincon, GA
I was afraid of this ... not shocked at all. Vinnie could have easily been 1st Team All-American this season and the fear of another injury was probably more important than improving draft stock. Best of Luck.

DothanTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2011
Agreed, a lot of the guys we've had declare early are 3rd round grade at best. Hubbard, Pagan, and now potentially Sunseri.
I think Pagan could make it as a 1-gap penetrating 3-tech since NFL teams are starting to look for that more and more these days. Hubbard is a tough one, though. Doesn't seem to bend the edge well and gets caught trying to hand-fight too much. Agility drills at the Combine and UA Pro Day will be very important for him.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
This is what is surprising... With the new pay scale for rookies especially, gaining a round by staying a year is really valuable. Hubbard will probably grade out well, thus potentially fall into the second round...but Pagan is at best a 3rd rounder, and Sunseri will most likely be a day 3 pick. i wish them all the luck in the world, but it still just doesn't make sense to me..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Sunseri, Hubbard, and Pagan don't seem like the types who will have that freak combine that pole vaults them up the draft board above their production level. You' know...none of them seem like that guy every year who runs a ridiculous 40 and becomes a first rounder.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Wow absolutely did not see Vinnie going if true.

I just do not see him going high at all. 3rd rounder AT BEST. Big mistake Vin.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
On the surface this is such a bad decision that it makes me wonder if he did receive a good draft grade, or if he's upset over something. All things being equal, it just doesn't seem all that sharp.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Wonder why Vinnie wasn't at the news conference where the other four players stated they were going to the draft?

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I see him as having at best a Greg McElroy career in the NFL and maybe that is what he is looking at too. Does he have his degree? He will be coaching sooner than later in my opinion and he really was not much effective this year for the Tide for obvious reasons anyhow. Good luck to him if he goes and Roll Tide Roll Vinny!!! :)

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I think I am beginning to understand this more, as I have heard a few things (which until I can substantiate I can not post in our public forum) that would make sense in the situation...

As said good luck to him, i hope he becomes John Lynch!

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
Totally agree, I think he may not get drafted and end up being a free agent because of the injury.I understand Ha ha I really wish vinny and pagan would stay but Hubbard...Meh! Good luck Vinny you've been a goodun, we will miss you.
Wow absolutely did not see Vinnie going if true.
I just do not see him going high at all. 3rd rounder AT BEST. Big mistake Vin.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.