"60 Minutes" Interview On Superior Autobiographical Memory To Air Sunday, January 12

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"60 Minutes" Interview On Superior Autobiographical Memory To Air Sunday, January 12

I got a PM from one of thse others who was involved, and we are told it is to air after the Broncos game Sunday night. I then confirmed it with a few links:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/scientists-study-first-child-with-super-memory/

The number of persons known to science who can remember virtually every day of their lives grew from six to more than 50 after Lesley Stahl featured these remarkable people in a 60 Minutes story three years ago. Stahl follows up by interviewing some of the dozens who contacted scientists after seeing the segment, including the first child scientists have seen with the ability. Stahl's story, including an interview with actress Marilu Henner, the most famous person with super memory, will be broadcast Sunday, Jan. 12 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/ente...ple-with-super-memory-20140109,0,5770718.post

A report on Marilu Henner and other people with super memories is one of the best-remembered segments on "60 Minutes" in recent years.The CBS news magazine will talk to more people with that gift in a report at 8 p.m. Sunday on WKMG-Channel 6. (The start could be delayed because of the AFC Divisional Playoff game between San Diego and Denver.)

Lesley Stahl expands on her report from Dec. 19, 2010, by talking to some of the more than 50 people who have Highly Superior Autobiographical Memory.

These people can remember details of days from years before. MRI scans of brains show those people have a more active pathway between the front and back of the brain.

Stahl's new sources include Jake Hausler, a 10-year-old boy

I will be the fat guy wearing glasses and a red (almost crimson) shirt on the lower left. Hope you'll get all your friends to watch.

RTR

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Re: "60 Minutes" Interview On Superior Autobiographical Memory To Air Sunday, January

Setting the DVR now!
I wouldn't trust the DVR since it will be airing right after a game. I seem to always get partial recordings of shows following games. I am sure someone here will be along shortly to tell us how to fix it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: "60 Minutes" Interview On Superior Autobiographical Memory To Air Sunday, January

Just DVR the show after it as well. I do that to make sure I get complete copies of Tide games.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Do you know where in the show it will appear? Will they hold you for last to build ratings like they did Saban?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I was informed by a co-worker that the little five-second snippet running shows all of us. She saw it this morning and had no problem identifying me.

Incidentally - this show will air 45 years to the day after Joe Namath led the Jets to the Super Bowl III championship.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

I was informed by a co-worker that the little five-second snippet running shows all of us. She saw it this morning and had no problem identifying me.

Incidentally - this show will air 45 years to the day after Joe Namath led the Jets to the Super Bowl III championship.
And Earl Morrall is still looking for Jimmy Orr in the endzone.:eek2: I have Hyperthymesia over this incident.;)

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

OK, here's the preview. It skipped during the cross. I'm the guy on the lower left with the glasses, the crimson shirt, and the CPAP scar on the forehead.

The VoiceOver is messed up. It says, "They're memory wizards with a remarkable talent. And researchers have found more - including a ten-year old.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Folks,

It appears we have been bumped due to the breaking Alex Rodriguez story (which, of course, goes with the territory).

WFAA Channel 11 in DFW is coming to my place tomorrow to film and interview and air it, probably following the program. This, of course, means they have time to edit it more precisely and use it next week.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Dang - I was looking forward to watching this, Selma.

I'm fascinated with the whole concept.

Sick of hearing about A-rod - it's like torture.

Who cares about A-rod?

:rolleyes:

Please keep us posted!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I got a text from them - we are ON tonight, but A-Roid gets top billing.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Pretty good! I'll refrain from comments for those who haven't watched it yet.

That said - don't some savants also have the ability to recount what days of the week match up with the day of the month, etc.?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Interesting story, but unfortunately there wasn't much screen time for Selma.

I saw a website once that had a trick to being able to tell what day of the week a date fell on. It wasn't overly complicated, but required some thought. But the people on the show tonight seemed to be able to pull it out without even thinking.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

Pretty interesting. It would have been nice to see them spend a little time with each guest, but it was informative and a little heartbreaking at times to hear how this impacted the young boy.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Perhaps you (Selma) can tell us some of the ways you learned to cope with this ability as you were growing up. I can imagine sometimes it was a burden.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Shoot. I'm good just to remember two days ago. Haha. This would be an interesting ability though.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.