Why do we hate Lane Kiffin again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
When Kiffin took the Tennessee job the Vols already had commitments from two QB's. While he didn't rescend their scholarship offers he told them that he didn't feel they would fit in his offensive system and encouraged them to look elsewhere. So Bryce Petty switched to Baylor and Tajh Boyd switched to Clemson. True story.
That being said, If Coach Saban thinks he'll make our program better then I'm behind the guy 100%.
I'll just say...lol....this is THE most surprising hire I've ever seen at the University of Alabama.
sip

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I never hated Kiffin. Like Audio, I thought he came across as a jerk at UT. But I also understood what he was doing with that. Hate, for me, is reserved for the likes of Fulmer and Tubbs, not Kiffin.

bluegarage

Dec 9, 2013
Winona Minnesota
When he dished the SEC and ran back to USC I thought he was a low life scum sucker! But now that he is on our team, he's our Low Life Scum Sucker and I hope he is the best OC Bama has ever had!

Looking forward to the Tennessee game in October.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I've always thought he came across as a jerk, but who knows.

I do recall his leaving ut fondly - I literally poured and adult beverage and sat reading the meltdown all night. One of my favorite sports-related evenings ever.

So I guess I'm torn. As long as our staff keeps everything under wraps, I think it's a good / potentially great hire.
Good news is CNS's gag order on assistants talking to the press. I think I read the first time he will be available to them is August...probably a good thing :)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Only time I actually hated him was when he was the viles HC..I hate anything associated with them..His arrogant ego rubs folks the wrong way & he will always have haters because of his ego..

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
Arrogant jerk who ran his mouth without knowing what he was talking about, comments after the 2009 bama game, questionable recruiting tactics , although I can't stand the viles the way he left was just plain wrong.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If people aren't familiar with Kiffy, put his name in the search box and check out the discussions about him we've had here over the years.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
You remember how Lance Thompson was badmouthed when he left Bama for Tenn...Saban took him back! It's good business guys...he's a good recruiter! I don't hate or dislike Kiffin. What he did leaving Tenn had nothing to do with Bama.

He was termed a "jerk" from things he said that got to the media...with Saban's policy he'll not have that chance. I like the hire! Our offence was getting so precdictable even my wife was frustrated with it, and I'm talking about a lady that cheers wildly on re-plays!!

gotta go!!
This right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
My question is this, is it possible to do a global search and replace on TF forums with a touch of a button? Gah....we've called our new OC a host of names on here, me included, and now I'm skeered somebody might tip him off to our site. :redface:

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
You remember how Lance Thompson was badmouthed when he left Bama for Tenn...Saban took him back! It's good business guys...he's a good recruiter! I don't hate or dislike Kiffin. What he did leaving Tenn had nothing to do with Bama.

He was termed a "jerk" from things he said that got to the media...with Saban's policy he'll not have that chance. I like the hire! Our offence was getting so precdictable even my wife was frustrated with it, and I'm talking about a lady that cheers wildly on re-plays!!
Leaving TN after one year certainly didn't hurt my feelings since they are my most hated rival. It wan't like he left them for someone like Texas A&M.

BAMALEEBO

Scout Team
Nov 26, 2006
Deatsville, Alabama, United States
I have been excited about the possibility of LK being our OC since I heard his name pop up. I think I would have been disappointed in any other choice. I think he will bring some excitement and, hopefully, speed things up on offense as play calling became plodding and painful. We needed change and I think this is a great move. Welcome Lane Kiffin!! ROLL TIDE!!

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
On the plus side, there was his Heisman caliber trolling of Urban Meyer during recruiting season.

And by the way, can we please, PLEASE, please give Kiffin the Ohio River Valley as his recruiting area?

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
Has he ever left a program in better shape that when he arrived? I am late to this thread but I have been throwing up since I first heard the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.