Link: AL.com: Alabama hires Lane Kiffin as offensive coordinator

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Alright, now go get Ed Orgeron, we don't want big Ed recruiting against us. Bring Layla also, she could help Lane recruit.(blue) part of it anyway.lol

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The hatred on rocky top reaches a new high.

I recall Coach Paul Bryant actually wearing a helmet when we played Georgia or Georgia Tech many years ago. Lane may need one in Knoxville when we play them.
It was Tech in Grant Field. Bottles had been thrown, I believe this was post-Holt/Graining but I wasn't alive so ask the OTs.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I said it when he was fired by USC - bad head coach but a great OC. Another great Saban hire. Still wonder about the O-Line situation, though.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I'll say this...if Lane Kiffin is the guy that will utilize and unleash the talent that Bama has on it's roster...then bring him on! With what Bama had on it's sidelines this past year, Bama should have run away with every award and Championship possible. That was the most disappointing thing about this past season, that Bama had such great potential, but it was overlooked, misused, seldom used, or never called upon. Good luck to CDM, but now I can't wait to see what next year will bring, especially with an offensive go-getter as the co-ordinator. And I trust CNS to handle anything else, including any shenanigans by those with a record of possible shenanigans, whomever that might be. Roll Tide!

Last edited:

Pluck and Grit

All-SEC
Jul 12, 2001
Delray Beach, FL
Just from a resume standpoint, it's not every day you get a former USC and NFL head coach as your OC at the FBS level.

Being a Saban assistant, he'll never be heard from in the media again, so that's a plus.

Whether's he's an Xs and Os guru or not, what he will do for Alabama is RECRUIT. In recruiting prowess, he's on the level of a former Saban OC who has been in the headlines lately.

Clearly this has been in the works for quite some time...... Wednesday Al Borges let go at Michigan, Thursday Nussmeier goes from UA to Michigan, Friday Kiffin announced as new UA OC.

dave12

All-SEC
Dec 14, 2002
hueytown, al. usa
I too have disliked Kiffin, but i trust CNS. He knows what he's doing, i don't question him or his motives, you can't with his results. Kiffin is a great offensive mind and is a great recruiter, he don't miss on recruits. I see this as only positive.:)

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!:biga2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.