SPECIAL TEAMS and WR GREENE won the BCS Championship, otherwise Auburn BLOW-OUT

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Did anyone else notice that special teams and WR Greene won the national championship for Florida St?

One fake punt by FSU on the Tigers side of the field when they were about to be blown out by Auburn (the score was 21-3 at the time)....which by the way, ended in a FSU TD drive.
One missed field goal by Auburn from about 30 yards.....when their kicker almost never misses within 40 yards all year.
One FSU kick-off return for a TD in the 4th quarter.

Florida St WR Greene with over 150 yards.
Greene gets the key penalty against him at the end of the game to set up the game winning catch.

Winston should have shut up at the end of the game interview because without Greene bailing him out, and key multiple special team plays, it would have been an Auburn blow-out. I'm certain of that.....I was at the game.

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, you guys would have been proud of all of the "ROLL TIDE"s that me and my friends yelled toward the crowds of Auburn fans at the BCS NC tailgate! One yelled back "Oklahoma", and I replied, "three out of four baby, we only care about national championships, how many do you have without paying Cam!!!" But most of the Auburn fans were cool with it, some even gave me a hug:)

Last edited:

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
Works both ways, Auburn's punter did a hell of a job pinning FSU in their own territory the entire night.

tidechamp15

Suspended
Jan 3, 2014
Had the barn had any kind of consistent D,they probably would've won......Defense wins NATTYs!!

Last edited by a moderator:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
In all honesty...to the OP: who cares? It wasn't Bama in the game, the results speak for themselves, every true Bama fan is glad the barn lost (maybe not glad the criminoles won, but that's OK), no one will remember who lost this game 10 years from now, but they will know who was the champ.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
In all honesty...to the OP: who cares? It wasn't Bama in the game, the results speak for themselves, every true Bama fan is glad the barn lost (maybe not glad the criminoles won, but that's OK), no one will remember who lost this game 10 years from now, but they will know who was the champ.
Believe me, if I'm still alive in ten years I'll remember who lost the NCG to FSU in 2014...Sore Eagle! Hah!:biggrin2:

Roll Tide!

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
The funny thing about it, as I mentioned in another post, is that this is the second time in their last 4 games that AU has crapped the bed with a big lead. They choked in the UGA just like they did this one. They had a 20 point lead with less than 10 minutes in 4th quarter in that game, and lost the lead with a few seconds to go. They were bailed out by UGA's defensive ineptness, and won, but the fact remains that they blew a huge lead.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Believe me, if I'm still alive in ten years I'll remember who lost the NCG to FSU in 2014...Sore Eagle! Hah!:biggrin2:

Roll Tide!
Yeah, I should rephrase that - no one who isn't a Bama fan. We will all remember, but most other fans throughout the country won't in two years.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.