Dorial Green Beckham arrested for drugs. Signs to play with Oklahoma

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
According to Fox Sports 1, DGB arrested (but not charged yet) on drug charges. (2nd arrest for drugs)

" Authorities say the 20-year old was one of three people in a vehicle pulled over on Jefferson and Sunshine streets. DGB was booked into the Greene County Jail after the arrest, but is no longer in police custody.

He’s not yet been charged, but the offense description for his arrest reads “Distribution, Delivery, Manufacture of a Controlled Substance.” It also lists the offense as 195.211. That is a pretty wide ranging catch-all statute, which means that a lot of potential actions could lead to a charge."

https://twitter.com/Mike_Colombo/status/421993306453598208/photo/1

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: Dorial Green Beckham arrested for drugs

I read earlier that if he is charged, it will be a felony. He father is saying he won't be charged, so we'll see. What a waste, if he is!
I just don't understand a young man having the discipline to undergo the rigors of training for an SEC football program, but lacking the discipline to put that crap away until after you retire from the NFL. Then, move to Colorado and smoke'em if you got'em.
This could be a very costly mistake on DGB's part.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

I just don't understand a young man having the discipline to undergo the rigors of training for an SEC football program, but lacking the discipline to put that crap away until after you retire from the NFL. Then, move to Colorado and smoke'em if you got'em.
Yes I agree 100% Tidewater.....hard to understand sometimes.

I think these young men need good role models more than anything else.

On the other hand you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink....

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Ehh I don't really care about this stuff anymore when it comes to pot. It should be legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

According to Fox Sports 1, DGB arrested (but not charged yet) on drug charges. (2nd arrest for drugs)

" Authorities say the 20-year old was one of three people in a vehicle pulled over on Jefferson and Sunshine streets. DGB was booked into the Greene County Jail after the arrest, but is no longer in police custody.

He’s not yet been charged, but the offense description for his arrest reads “Distribution, Delivery, Manufacture of a Controlled Substance.” It also lists the offense as 195.211. That is a pretty wide ranging catch-all statute, which means that a lot of potential actions could lead to a charge."

https://twitter.com/Mike_Colombo/status/421993306453598208/photo/1
I understand it was a pound of the stuff. In most states that's a quantity which causes an "intent to distribute" charge to be brought.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Ehh I don't really care about this stuff anymore when it comes to pot. It should be legal.

According to the latest AL.com poll, 71% of Alabamians agree with you. However, I'm not comfortable with a whole football team smoking it daily, which a lot of them could, if it were legal. I've seen up close how it leads to a "whatever" attitude which you don't want in a football player. THC lasts a lot longer in the body than alcohol. Once someone has a certain level of it, it doesn't take a lot in the morning to maintain the mood all day long. I've never seen it improve athletic performance yet...

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

That is the opinion of a lot people these days, but that doesn't make it legal. If he gets a felony charge for it, his career at MIZZ is probably.

Just because someone believes something SHOULD be legal doesn't make any less stupid to do something that can cost you so much - especially for someone in DGB's position.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

According to the latest AL.com poll, 71% of Alabamians agree with you. However, I'm not comfortable with a whole football team smoking it daily, which a lot of them could, if it were legal. I've seen up close how it leads to a "whatever" attitude which you don't want in a football player. THC lasts a lot longer in the body than alcohol. Once someone has a certain level of it, it doesn't take a lot in the morning to maintain the mood all day long. I've never seen it improve athletic performance yet...
That is right but at the end of the day. These guys are going to smoke weed if they really want to legal or not. I have a feeling that even if the majority of states do end up making it legal, then Universities will still find a way to bar it from their athletes on scholarship. As for professional franchises and just like the armed forces.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Agreed. Saying it should be legal is an opinion, and it is not one that I share, so I suppose that I am in the 29% range of Alabamians according to the poll data that you referenced.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Agree 100%. I'll never be able to wrap my head around some of the decisions these guys make. It's like there's ZERO long-term thinking...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

What people don't seem to realize is that the great number of people in favor of legalizing MJ in 2014 are the same people who did pot in the 1960's.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Agree 100%. I'll never be able to wrap my head around some of the decisions these guys make. It's like there's ZERO long-term thinking...
I deal with young men this age on a regular basis and I call it the "Wily Coyote" effect, as in those cartoons when Wily Coyote runs off the edge of a cliff and his legs keep running, peddling air and then he looks at the camera and the realization comes over his face that he has run off the cliff. I am given that look quite a bit.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Their brains are baked.....that's what happens....like Earle said....never seen anyone perform better when they are baked.

They just maintain a stupor....more or less.

:aiwebs_007:

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

I would smoke one right now if it were legal and I had one, bad back and other ailments. ;) Is the "manufacture" just part of the charge as the law reads or is it something besides pot? Most times when you think of pot you think of "growing" or something else related, don't know as I have never been charged with it.

As a supporter of pot myself it should not be smoked by anyone under the age of 21 and for the most part should be for medical purposes only. Of course if a doctor prescribes it for a child with seizures then that is under a doctors and parents supervision, maybe a coach or teacher but I doubt it.

Pot will not help a players performance that I can tell from workers that have used it and worked for me in the past. In fact most times just the opposite. ;)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

This discussion needs to stay on DGB, not the legality of marijuana. This is the Football board, not Non-Sports.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.