Question: With Sunseri leaving, do the powers that be think it will help flip some recruits?

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007
I know the staff was looking at some more safeties for depth, but do any potential recruits get a harder look with Vinnie going to the draft?

matt632001

Jan 6, 2014
Best of luck to him if true. I would have liked to have seen him come back next year to help the team with his leadership and smarts and prove to the NFL that he hasn't lost a step after the injury.

DothanTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2011
With Davion Hall and C.J. Hampton already enrolled at Baylor/Ole Miss respectively, there's not really a top target left on the board unless Lance Thompson pulls off a miracle and flips Blanding from UVA(RTO and jam would know more about this that I do).

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Maybe he is thinking he wont have to work out for teams and get drafted on his film alone. He is very instinctive. I hate we are going to lose him but he will probably make it at the next lvl. He didn't start here for noting. Not to mention he held off some incredible talent to play and that says a lot about him.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Saban certainly is not messing around this off-season.....even during the season bringing in Nuss' predessesor while the season is still going.

Good odds that Sunseri did not feel the welcome mat......he was already a few steps slow in coverage, and with the injury, this will only get worse.

I bet this move is geared toward acquiring CJ Hampton. Watch for that announcement in the next few weeks. With Ha Ha and Sunseri gone, Hootie and CJ could have a shot at a lot of playing time. Odds are, you will also see a big name defensive coach jumping onboard the next 10 days.

If not before, Saban is certainly running this team like a big time franchise. Paying him $7+ million a year, and all of the red-neck pressure, who's to blame him! :)

RTR!!!!!!!! 4 out of 6 NC Championships won't be bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Saban certainly is not messing around this off-season.....even during the season bringing in Nuss' predessesor while the season is still going.

Good odds that Sunseri did not feel the welcome mat......he was already a few steps slow in coverage, and with the injury, this will only get worse.

-------

With all due respect, this is absolutely daft.

(Disclaimer for the phrasing: just finished two hours of Downton Abbey)

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Whenever new posters come on board and start posting -- I sort of feel like I'm watching an episode of Andy Griffith in Color....the idea is nice, but there's only so much Howard Sprague a guy can take

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Whenever new posters come on board and start posting -- I sort of feel like I'm watching an episode of Andy Griffith in Color....the idea is nice, but there's only so much Howard Sprague a guy can take
It has been happening more over the last year than I can remember since my arrival here long ago during our dark days under CMS. Not too many bandwagon fans in those days.

However, with our dynamic ascension to the top in recent years under CNS we've seen a bunch of bandwagoners and trolls trying to stir the pot come around.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

With all due respect, this is absolutely daft.

(Disclaimer for the phrasing: just finished two hours of Downton Abbey)
If I may extrapolate, any new "acquisitions" notwithstanding, 'Bama may have either Malcolm Merriweather (what-what?) or Colonel Crittenden coaching the deep drop next year in Cover 3...

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

I bet this move is geared toward acquiring CJ Hampton. Watch for that announcement in the next few weeks. With Ha Ha and Sunseri gone, Hootie and CJ could have a shot at a lot of playing time. Odds are, you will also see a big name defensive coach jumping onboard the next 10 days.

If not before, Saban is certainly running this team like a big time franchise. Paying him $7+ million a year, and all of the red-neck pressure, who's to blame him! :)

RTR!!!!!!!! 4 out of 6 NC Championships won't be bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No blue font? So our coaches are averting their social darwinistic eyes from a kid who suffered a knee injury?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not getting Vonn Bell or Tony Conner in 2013 hurts even more now with Vinnie leaving.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Can't see anyone out there that would flip late because of Sunseri, and frankly I don't think his presence was a major factor in anyone's recruitment. Everyone coming out this recruiting season knew that both Sunseri and Collins would be gone after 2014, so it was never much of an issue.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Not getting Vonn Bell or Tony Carter in 2013 hurts even more now with Vinnie leaving.
I'd disagree on that one. Two reasons:

(1) We should still be fine at safety even without Vinnie coming back. Landon Collins will be a star, and Jarrick Williams and Nick Perry will be solid players opposite him. We'll get the depth we need between Geno Smith and Jai Miller, and in general safety play hasn't been the issue for us at DB, it has been (and remains) cornerback play.

(2) Carter would have definitely played cornerback in our scheme, and Bell probably would have ended up there as well. Neither of those two guys would have given us much help in 2014 at safety.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.