Ricky Town talks to Kiffin

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
Re: Rickey Town talks to Kiffen

I like this article. I'm sure hoping that this Lane Kiffin thing works out. There is surely the potential for it to be fantastic, but then again, I can see some chance of it going horribly wrong. Just got to trust Saban.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA

I like this article. I'm sure hoping that this Lane Kiffin thing works out. There is surely the potential for it to be fantastic, but then again, I can see some chance of it going horribly wrong. Just got to trust Saban.
We played up-tempo on occasion in 2012 and Coach Saban seemed pleased with the results. I don't recall seeing it in 2013.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA

I want to see Del Rio also get comfortable with him...
From Town's other quotes apparently Kiffen left him with a different impression of him than what he was expecting based on "talk". I hope he does get our QB's in gear and moving in the right direction. It's been a development sore spot for us for a while.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

This was one that I was concerned about. I'm so glad coach Kiffin contacted him so soon. Looks like he's 100% on board. He is a great kid from a good family. Now let's develop a QB for 2014. RTR

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

According to Town Kiffen told him the offense would remain pro-style, with a sped-up tempo.
I like this approach, it doesn't require any major changes to the offense, and it doesn't necessarily teach the offense or defense bad habits. That's what I was hoping to hear, and the team can slow things down when it's to their advantage.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

If I'm guessing though we're not changing "concept" per se I think we're not only going to see a more up tempo pace but we're going to see our RB's used more in the passing game, the TE an equal part in the passing game as our WR's and less predictability.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Seeing how more & more Pro teams are running the hurry up Pro Style offense, by running it with our offense, is yet another great recruiting selling point..Coach Saban lives & breaths recruiting..And is exactly why he's the absolute best recruiter college football has ever had & will continue to be the best..To continue the kind of domination we're accustomed too, you have to evolve with the game, and that's exactly what we're witnessing right now..

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN

Other than all the positives about this article, did anyone else get a laugh because Bama is finally catching up to St. Bonaventure High School in its schemes?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

This is really good news. I personally believe Town is our future long term QB. I won't be shocked if he wins the job as a RS Fr or RS So. Del Rio and Cornwell have tons of talent too and I'm certainly not writing them off but Town is something really special. His HS So film is more impressive than most 5 star HS Senior QB's. His talent and mechanics are ridiculously honed already.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.