RE: Kirby Smart and the tug of UGA… (nope, UGA hires FSU's Jeremy Pruitt)

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Re: Kirby Smart and the tug of UGA… (nope, UGA hires FSU's Jeremy Pruitt)

Seems like a risky move for both sides. I'm not sold on Pruitt yet.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This has to either be a joke or at the very least, wishful thinking.
He coached a defense full of NFL talent against a schedule made up of inferior talent. I was surprised by the hire because he hasn't had much time to really establish himself as a DC.

Pluck and Grit

All-SEC
Jul 12, 2001
Delray Beach, FL

Yet another hire that happened so quickly after the vacancy became public that one figures it was all pre-arranged.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

He has only one year as a DC, and he can't out athlete everyone else in the SEC like he did at FSU.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

Seems like a risky move for both sides. I'm not sold on Pruitt yet.
This has to either be a joke or at the very least, wishful thinking.
There are actually a few of us taking a wait-and-see approach to CJP. His X and O skills seem sound and he is reputed to have a good football mind, but his personality has shown a, well..., flaky side at times. There's more to command than knowledge. He had a good year this year and I'm not trying to downplay that, but I'm still leery. We'll see.

EHSWildkats

Dec 5, 2012

Other than the Alabama base that despise Pruitt because of his absence and recruiting tactics (Post-Bama), I have never met anyone who had a bad thing to say about Jeremy.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: Kirby Smart and the tug of UGA...

The pluses for Kirby are - 1) back "home", 2) He wouldn't have Saban meddling in his defense. He would be on his own to do as he pleased since Richt is an offensive minded coach.

The negatives for Kirby are - 1) Lateral move; 2) Lack of discipline from Richt 3) He wouldn't have Saban meddling in his defense

Apparently, his wife loves T'town. I'm sure she would love to be back in Athens again as well.

I think it's going to come down to a flip of a coin.
FIFY

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA

I think CJP is a good coach and a good recruiter, just don't expect any loyalty from him if he thinks something a little better comes along.

For a group that needed a shakeup I think he'll be a positive for UGA, but I think UGA fans should take a second and realize this is a guy who is taking a lateral move for more money. It's significantly more money, but that's the guy you're getting. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I just don't want to hear any crying when someone does it and he takes his next job (and probably 5 recruits with him)

Pluck and Grit

All-SEC
Jul 12, 2001
Delray Beach, FL

That ought to pretty much eliminate any undue pressure to repeat.
Til further notice they never have an excuse for not going undefeated through the ACC, although their OOC schedule takes an overdue step up next season, playing Oklahoma St. and Notre Dame along with UF and The Citadel.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now

Til further notice they never have an excuse for not going undefeated through the ACC, although their OOC schedule takes an overdue step up next season, playing Oklahoma St. and Notre Dame along with UF and The Citadel.
Actually, I was thinking about it from Pruitt's perspective. Seminoles do need to get this hire right though. And of course keep their QB out of the hoosegow.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I was out all day, and I cam home to this news... This is pure comedic gold. I am not going to publicly rehash my feelings about Pruitt, but UGA must be desperate to get anything associated with Smart/Saban...

:biggrin:

Pluck and Grit

All-SEC
Jul 12, 2001
Delray Beach, FL

Actually, I was thinking about it from Pruitt's perspective. Seminoles do need to get this hire right though. And of course keep their QB out of the hoosegow.
Heh, yeah, coming in on the heels of Todd Grantham, just doing average could seem like an improvement. Low bar there.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Isn't this the guy that called Coach Saban the devil?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.