Link: CBS, Tim Brando Parting Ways After 18 Years Together

LagunaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 6, 2013
Brando brings nothing to the table. No keen insight, no unique sense of humor, no great personality. Not sure how he ever got to where he was. His ratings for his shows can't be that great. I sure don't watch or listen. Hope he's been saving his money.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Please....don't end up on the SEC network. Maybe he will end up doing Pac-12 games and we will never hear from him again.��

CraigMack

1st Team
Jul 13, 2000
Chelsea, AL
Simply put, he's a no talent troll. The fact that any of us know his name or who he is speaks poorly of the world in which we live. The guy is useless...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I caught a bit of Finebaum yesterday and he was singing Brando's praises. Said how wonderful he was to him when he was going through his contract issues and wa sworried what he'd do next.

Please. Paul was playing both ends against the middle by trying to get out of his Jox deal and on that new station. When that fell apart, he knew Jox would come crawling to him. Brando is doing the same thing to time his departure so he can go to the SEC Network. Get ready for him to be the lead anchor on the Saturday scoreboard show.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Okay, Brando was on Shreveport's local sports talk radio show this morning for 45 minutes. Though he didn't go into great detail he did somewhat paint a picture of how it went down. According to Brando this was out of the blue and he knew something was about to go down when CBS abruptly cancelled his morning radio show (done out of his home in Shreveport, LA) without any notice. He said that is very unusual for someone who's been with a network that long. You are at least told well in advance or have had discussions about it. There was none of that. Then it sounded like the big wigs of the network met with Brando and either one of two things happened. Again, he was somewhat vague but gave enough information that you can safely conclude that they either told him his role (going forward) wasn't going to be what he thought it was going to be or they were simply giving him his walking papers. Granted he said the decision was "mutual" and unless something comes out to challenge that I guess I'll take his word for it. But it wouldn't surprise me if later we find out he was outright ousted.

It's about ratings and Brando's show lost whatever draw it used to have. If Brando's ratings were that of F-Baum this would have never happened. TV is a cut throat market. If you're not getting ratings then in their minds you're costing them money.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I guess without that month of savaging Alabama before the BCS title game his ratings tanked.

Maybe he's gonna replace Jimmy Fallon? (Blue)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.