Link: CBS, Tim Brando Parting Ways After 18 Years Together

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Isn't that special? Torn between whether he's a bigger buffoon or boor, so let's just label him one of the biggest on both scores.

BamaEyeDoc

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2006
I would assume (and maybe incorrectly) that this means he is moving to the SEC Network. I hope not.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Oh man, that's awful news - now we won't be able to see his amazing preseason picks!

Louisville as BCS champion. BLAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Any truth to the rumor he's the new Longhorn Network TV lead announcer? I'll bet UT outbid CBS 'cause they got more money than Gawd and can outbid CBS and evahbody wunts to be a Wonghorn. (Blue font sort of)

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Looks like Finebaum is hooking him up.

Brando not only hates Alabama but most of the SEC aside from Ole Siss & LSU..

i thought Louisville was the greatest team of all times this year, Right?

maybe he can do soccer on fox till August.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
This is fantastic news. I was worried he'd take Uncle Verne's place when he finally retired.
Me too!!! Verne I can take because, although he bumbles through a broadcast, he's reasonable unbiased (IMO).

But I shudder at the thought of TB having that role. Hopefully now that won't be the case!!!!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
He'll probably resurface on the SEC Network just because those guys have a lot of air time to fill and Brando is a known commodity, but just so we are clear this was not a voluntary departure on Brando's part.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Just for clarity, if Brando ends up on our staff as head of press relations, should we acquiesce because Trust Saban and Many Important People Read this Board? Or would we allowed to criticize that particular hire?

/mischief

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
CBS should have canned him years ago. I can't believe they put up with the bashing of SEC teams that he did on his radio show and the shameless promotion of Boise St., TCU, and the other "Flies in the BCS Ointment."

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
He'll probably resurface on the SEC Network just because those guys have a lot of air time to fill and Brando is a known commodity, but just so we are clear this was not a voluntary departure on Brando's part.
Anymore info on this? They fire him or just not renew his contract?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.