DB Coach Greg Brown To Step Down (keep all DB coaching discussion here)

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Re: Looks Like More Coaching Changes Possibly on the Way

I think he does have to be a good recruiter and I just don't think Greg enjoys the recruiting aspect. He is probably better suited for NFL responsibilities. He was ranked near the bottom of the SEC in recruiter rankings.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Re: Looks Like More Coaching Changes Possibly on the Way

I think he does have to be a good recruiter and I just don't think Greg enjoys the recruiting aspect. He is probably better suited for NFL responsibilities. He was ranked near the bottom of the SEC in recruiter rankings.
Give me the job then. I am a Monday-morning QB and could sell a blind man a pair of reading glasses.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Considering that it has been made pretty clear that Brown seeks to return to the NFL, I imagine he's just waiting on his NFL position to be confirmed, at which point he will leave the UA program and Kevin Steele will be promoted to ILB coach, with Kirby Smart shifting to DB. Until then, he'll be working as normal, and that includes all on-the-road recruiting activities.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.