DB Coach Greg Brown To Step Down (keep all DB coaching discussion here)

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Re: Looks Like More Coaching Changes Possibly on the Way

The funniest thing about all of this is that Auburn's "greatest turnaround in football history" has been swept off the headlines by Alabama assistant coach drama.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Db coach to step down!!

No disrespect intended toward any of the departing coaches, but it looks like Coach Saban is assembling an 'All-Star Cast of Coaches'.

This will really be a 'Re-Set Year'. New coaches, many new starters, and a Re-set of attitude by returning players.
Hope we can get guys to 'Buy In' early. We need a re-dedication to doing the things we have to do to win.

This last year it wasn't just that we lost 2 games, it's the way we lost.
IMO: We were the better team in both loosing efforts, but we weren't hungry enough to take em.
We had way, way, to many mental mistakes to win against decent teams.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Let me get this straight, the defensive staff looks like the following, right?

DL: Bo Davis
LB: Kevin Steele and Lance Thompson
DB: Kirby Smart

Saban wasn't lying about restarting. That's his 2007 staff all over again.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

I can't wait. This is like Christmas. I feel like it is 2008 all over again. It is only January 15th, and I have to wait until August to get this going?! Spring ball is going to obsess my life. I was thinking about going to Atlanta for the WV game. I wasn't sure yet, but now I'm in. Those WV tickets will be cheaper than the VaTech tickets I bought last year. Saban is getting the band back together. RTR! If the QB situation shakes out, and I think it will Bama will be in the hunt for the playoffs. Saban won with John Parker Wilson no reason to think we can't win with the talent we have at QB now. No slight on Wilson. He played well for Bama in 2008, but the arm talent and athletic ability on the roster now is raw, but better.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

I'm missing something, where did this Kevin Steele to LB coach come from? I thought he had a "front office" position so he could slow down a little. Didn't want to be on the field.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

So, do we think Kevin Steele will step in as a coach or will Saban bring another coach in?
I guess the only defensive position Kirby has not coached is the DL. Wonder if Bo will let him run some practices.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I wonder if there are folks who still believe this isn't all part of the plan...
Don't you know that CNS has gotten senile and lost complete control of the team and staff after losing to auburn? Gus "processed" Saban...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

You know, our primary secondary coach since 2007 has been Nick Saban, regardless of who has worn the title, "DB coach".
When have you ever seen another coach working with the DB's when practice highlights are shown.
Not making excuses for Bo but that had to be a very difficult coaching position to be in.
Kinda like being Vice-president in charge of nothing.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.