News Article: Catching up on Brodie Croyle

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
The ranch is just down the road from me. I wasn't aware he had taken it over but it seems it was always his destiny to do something more meaningful than football. The ranch itself is a beautiful property. NFL money could not have bought a better place for him to be, for his kids and wife to be. It has a beautiful lake full of clear clean water. They have let us take our church youth there before. They believe Desoto may have camped there thanks to some spanish coins from that time that were found there. It's just too bad his knees were so bad because last time he did that quarterback challenge at halftime of one of the games he blew everyone away including JPW who was still on a roster.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Congrats to Brodie and his life after football. There's no doubt he's playing a huge role in some kids' lives who otherwise would have no one.

I find it interesting he made it a point to bring up Shula:

“I don’t think people realize how good a man Coach Shula is. He wasn’t too high or too low. He was the same guy every single day. This has really helped me in my family. Just to be the same guy every day.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I've known John Croyle since we were kids. He's always been the 'Real Deal'.
Brodie comes from a great family.
The future of 'Big Oak Ranch' is bright.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I sold some real estate on behalf of Big Oak several years ago and worked with the management there. It's a wonderful organization that does great things, and I'm sure Brodie will bring a lot to the table. My experience with them helps me to appreciate how Brodie will only improve on a very good thing.
Even fine sterling silver benefits from polishing, and I expect Brodie will do just that.

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
Every since I was 15 in 1985 and read the story of Big John Croyle I've been impressed by what commitment and faith runs through that family. While Brodie and the Tide had their ups and downs from 2003-2006 I was always proud of how he and Coach Shula carried themselves. Class folks and great representatives to the University.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
This is a perfect example of a man having his priorities in order. His parents are to be commended for setting a Godly example for him to follow.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I just hope he's found something that he really enjoys, and that this isn't a case of the son finally giving in and joining the family business. Obviously his father has a tremendous passion for the ranch, he fact that Brodie tried to make a run of things in the timber industry after being involuntarily retired from the NFL has made me a bit skeptical.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.