2014 DE/TE Prospect DeAndre Wills

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Article here

Central-Clay County's DeAndre Wills has kept his options open in terms of his recruitment, remaining uncommitted as National Signing Day draws closer.
Wills has offers from Ole Miss, Vanderbilt and Clemson but has yet to commit, hoping to pick up a late offer from Alabama.

"I'm talking with Alabama a lot more than I was," Wills told AL.com. "They're kind of on my boat now. I'm going on Jan. 24 for my official visit and I'm leaning more toward there. Hopefully I'll get an offer."

Wills made three unofficial visits to Alabama during the season and said the Tide is recruiting him as a tight end.
He plays TE and weak-side DE. Could he be a late addition to the class that brings speed to the DL?

247 profile

Rivals profile

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
We are (and have been) looking to add some more bulk at tight end to help in the run game, and Wills could be a signee aimed at addressing that need.

Having said that, though, as of right now it doesn't look like we have room for him. Probably going to have to miss on a couple of kids down the stretch to open up room for him, barring any surprise defections.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We are (and have been) looking to add some more bulk at tight end to help in the run game, and Wills could be a signee aimed at addressing that need.

Having said that, though, as of right now it doesn't look like we have room for him. Probably going to have to miss on a couple of kids down the stretch to open up room for him, barring any surprise defections.
In the Travis McCall mold. We are somewhat thin at the traditional TE postion. We lose Vogler at the end of this year and Faciane has really not panned out. We have Greene at TE who is a converted tackle so this one may have traction if we miss on some other higher profile guys.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
In the Travis McCall mold. We are somewhat thin at the traditional TE postion. We lose Vogler at the end of this year and Faciane has really not panned out. We have Greene at TE who is a converted tackle so this one may have traction if we miss on some other higher profile guys.
what other high profile guys are we after besides Marlon Humphrey and Matt Elam. I know at one time we were big on Lorenzo Carter, but it seems that one has swayed towards Georgia. We have 24 current commits, so kinda wondering how many more we'll be taking.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
what other high profile guys are we after besides Marlon Humphrey and Matt Elam. I know at one time we were big on Lorenzo Carter, but it seems that one has swayed towards Georgia. We have 24 current commits, so kinda wondering how many more we'll be taking.
From my math, which is arguably NOT CNS math, we have room for 3 more players. We have 24 signed, but one doesn't count towards this class (Pettway), which leaves 23. I _THINK_ we had room for 26. Again, this is just my math...so who REALLY knows aside from the coaching staff.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I've been saying we need a TE in this class. I wonder what or who his scholly offer depends on.

My assumption would be his offer would only come if we have a late flip away from us. I think this would be a good pick up, but I don't see how he's going to be able to fit into this class unless we lose someone...or the unthinkable happens and we miss on the rest of our targets.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

We have a couple on the academic fence right now. Will the staff go after someone like Wills and forego an academic question mark player on signing day?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.