Luke Del Rio is gone - Blake Sims / QB discussion

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Re: It appears Luke Del Rio is leaving

I guess the scholarship crunch just didn't allow for him to get on scholarship this year either. Best of luck to him.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Seems like a good young man. Good luck to him, I hope he finds a starting position sometime soon.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Yep. Andrew Gribble just retweeted this also. The attrition continues. I know some people thought he might start/play but I was not one of those. Just didn't see how a walk on could see the field at QB for Bama. And yes I know he had scholarship offers from OK State and Oregon State, but we haven't exactly been having to pry people away from a school like that to come to Bama. I wish him all the best. I think I read somewhere he was gonna transfer to Oregon State.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Yep. Andrew Gribble just retweeted this also. The attrition continues. I know some people thought he might start/play but I was not one of those. Just didn't see how a walk on could see the field at QB for Bama. And yes I know he had scholarship offers from OK State and Oregon State, but we haven't exactly been having to pry people away from a school like that to come to Bama. I wish him all the best. I think I read somewhere he was gonna transfer to Oregon State.
Just curious then who do you see starting? Because according to most reports Del Rio had already moved pass everyone on the depth chart except Sims.

socalbamafan123

Scout Team
May 26, 2010

I certainly hope this is because of Coker. Otherwise, we could be in trouble...

I don't get the whole coker thing. he comes, has to sit out a year. morris is here, so is bateman, oh cornwell has a year on you too and town is next. when would he play?

?

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Luke did not want a scholly....his dad is well off, and they had that covered. This may have to do with Nuss leaving.

Originally, Luke knew he would probably never play at Bama......just learn to become a future coach.

Maybe his early success as a back-up changed things.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

To rise up to 3rd string this year to leaving the next makes you scratch your head. This was not your typical walk on.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Luke did not want a scholly....his dad is well off, and they had that covered. This may have to do with Nuss leaving.

Originally, Luke knew he would probably never play at Bama......just learn to become a future coach.

How can a guy who has worked himself up to third string QB on a team who's starter is graduating by which positioning himself to be at worst second string qb have the mindset of "He'd never play"? There's no way. At the end of the season he was third string. Meaning going into this season he would be competing with Sims for the starting job. Because from all indications the other players behind him weren't ready to play.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I don't get the whole coker thing. he comes, has to sit out a year. morris is here, so is bateman, oh cornwell has a year on you too and town is next. when would he play?
According to Coach Saban he passed Morris and Bateman this year so why would he be behind them?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Does it have to do with Nuss leaving or a new OC or some other reason?

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

The unfortunate facts of staff turnover is that some players will leave. Most of the time it works out ok for both parties. He sounded like a great kid. My guess is he will find success. I did figure him at the top of the depth chart coming into spring but I knew that chart could exit spring all sorts of ways.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Just curious then who do you see starting? Because according to most reports Del Rio had already moved pass everyone on the depth chart except Sims.
I really have no clue who will start and do not claim to have any inside information. It has always appeared that the depth chart is generally just semantics. When AJ was redshirted CNS said he would have been the first QB in game if Greg had gone down. Just like Blake Sims is "second string" this year but doesn't necessarily mean he will start next year, and probably won't.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

?
Coker won't have to sit out a year because he is Graduating from F$U and will attend grad school at UA therefore he will be immediately eligible. He will also have 2 years of eligibility because he graduates in 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.