Luke Del Rio is gone - Blake Sims / QB discussion

K9BamaFan

Nov 4, 2006
Sterrett, Alabama, United States
Re: It appears Luke Del Rio is leaving

I have full faith that CNS and his staff are more than capable of choosing the next QB, and I look forward to them making that decision. " I'm sure all input is greatly appreciated" RTR!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

If I'm Blake Sims and I read TF, after some of these post, I would be one highly motivated individual. :)
It seems most think Blake Sims should not be the QB in 2014 because he didn't show a lot and only came in on mop up duty. If you remember back, AJ only played mop up QB behind Greg McElroy. I'm positive that if he is not the best QB to start our 2014 season, CNS will be well aware of it long before we are. When I see Sims trot on the field in Atlanta, against West Virginia, I'll be the first to say, 'ther;e our new QB.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

QB can be such an important position that it can feel like a "sky if falling" scenario. We have been blessed with AJ and GMac before him for the past five years. They both came up big almost everytime we needed them to. The anxiety is understandable for a fan base with the level if expectations that we have, but remember that GMac and AJ were both game managers early in their first seasons. We remember them as they finished. They could both tear up a defense when necessary. They were smart capable QBs. We don't need a Heisman candidate next year. We need a serviceable QB that will make smart plays. He can and will grow into more, but that will come as the season goes.

Golden Isles

Suspended
Jan 11, 2014

Welcome to the forum.
We do have one of the very best.
We have active Moderators who keep things going the right direction, and some guys and gals who are very knowledgeable about football... Particularly Alabama Football. :BigA:
I appreciate it. My motto is to keep it positive and pithy. Thanks for the welcome.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Re: It appears Luke Del Rio is leaving / Blake Sims discussion

Did y'all see the A-Day game where AJ and Phillip Sims were both so mediocre. I'm a lot more sure Comer or someone has bigger upside than we had then.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Golden Isles

Suspended
Jan 11, 2014

I can't believe anyone thinks Sims will start next year. At least, I hope we have a better option.
There is so much mystery, we could have two packages, a hurry up with Sims and a pro-style with someone else. A-Day game. If Sims is a threat at running the ball, he would only need to complete 50% of his passes to be effective with minimal int's. We will still win or lose with the defense. I would like to see Sims get a chance.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

KentuckianaBFan;2344063[B said:
]I can't believe that anyone here thinks that they are better qualified than CNS and CLK [/B]to decide who will be the next quarterback...but that's just me...RTR!!!

Don't you think Coach NS reads all the football posts on here?
Some of us are going to T-Town before practice starts to give Coach our opinions. I'm sure he will anxiously await our arrival!:biggrin:

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

Don't you think Coach NS reads all the football posts on here?
Some of us are going to T-Town before practice starts to give Coach our opinions. I'm sure he will anxiously await our arrival!:biggrin:
He's probably laying out extra Little Debbie snacks right now...tell him I said hi, and that I'm good with whatever you guys decide...:biggrin:

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

I can't believe that anyone here thinks that they are better qualified than CNS and CLK to decide who will be the next quarterback...but that's just me...RTR!!!
I think people are just giving their opinion on why or who would be the best qb option. I don't think anyone believes they are more qualified than Saban or Kiffin or at least I haven't read that as of yet.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I can't believe that anyone here thinks that they are better qualified than CNS and CLK to decide who will be the next quarterback...but that's just me...RTR!!!
Its just a message board dedicated to discussing Alabama football..RTR!

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

Its just a message board dedicated to discussing Alabama football..RTR!
I agree. I'm pulling for Sims, but I'm realistic. I know that Coker will probably beat him out if he transfers. Bateman or Morris could surprise us all, and really take over. I have my opinion, but I'm just a fan yelling at the TV.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'll say this. we don't know enough of Sims to disregard him as potential starter. We don't know if Coker is coming or not. I'll put my money on the table and say Sims is named starting QB at the end of the spring. It's going to be close battle with Morris or Bateman. Coker will end up going to Clemson :)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Don't look for a starting QB to be named this Spring.
Likely not in Fall Camp either.
History sez we will likely see a couple of guys battle it out for the position, in the first couple of games in the Fall.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

History is History.. Saban is changing things up, so who knows?
History sez we will likely see a couple of guys battle it out for the position, in the first couple of games in the Fall.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That's not how the 2009 season played out. Greg was the starter going into the spring. AJ and Phillip is the only time we've done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.