Surprising Coaching changes

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yes on Helena they have to estimate much like they did with the new school in Montgomery. They generally get pretty close to real numbers in their estimations. Of course you will probably have quite a few move ins that the estimation wont pick up so I figure after all of that Helena will move up for sure in 2 years when they re-classify.

I don't blame them, crap it can take a good 30 minutes to get from Pelham to Chelsea when traffic is bad. Sometimes longer than that! When I first got into line work we started in Pelham and worked in the surrounding towns and it would take us a good 30 minutes to get from Food World on 31 in Pelham to County Road 11!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
As far as I know they are still in Pelham. Given that they'd have to provide bus service for these people, I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to let them go. Yes, they'd lose tax revenue, but they'd also no longer be providing police and fire service.

It would be much simpler driving to Chelsea HS than having to get to Pelham HS (which is a pain coming from anywhere).

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Wow he really got around! I knew he moved around but I didn't even know he roamed that much. I don't see him surviving MGM, it is a lot like Robertsdale in that it will swallow up even good coaches! Just can't win there with the teams you have to play. With MGM moving up to 7A he will be an unknown before you know it. He might be paid well for it but I just don't see them putting up with it for too long.
He didn't.

12comments

Football

Mary G. Montgomery relieves Mike Dean of football coaching duties effective immediately

Mike Dean was 3-6 in his only season at Mary G. Montgomery. (Scott Donaldson | preps@al.com)

By Ben Thomas | bthomas@al.com
on October 30, 2014 2:31 p.m.

Reddit

SEMMES, Alabama -- Mary G. Montgomery principal James Gill confirmed to AL.com Thursday afternoon that he has relieved football coach Mike Dean of his coaching duties effective immediately.
Defensive coordinator Tim Hardegree has been elevated to interim head coach and will coach the team in its season finale Friday night at Vigor.
"We decided to make the change this afternoon," Gill said. "We wanted to take the program in a different direction. There was a difference in philosophy on coaching so we wanted to go ahead and make this change."
http://highschoolsports.al.com/news...uties-effective-immediately/#incart_hssn-rr-1

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
There must have been something pretty bad going on. I mean, firing a coach the morning of the last game of the season?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Crimson I've heard some stories about him that I've never doubted by the way, and if you would have heard it you would say "that's him". He'll NEVER stay at one school. Until these gullible principals quit falling for his act only then will he stay on as a teacher at one school. I think his wife is about to tell him to give up coaching which won't work either (she is from that area I think).

There is NO WAY I would hire the dude.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
As a Prattville student while DuBose was there, I can tell you what will happen: He will lose at least one game a year he shouldn't. He'll also bolt after a short time. He was HC at Prattville for 3 years and at Florence for 2. At both stops, he had elite D-1 talent and left the following year.
I told Belle in January DuBose would lose a game he shouldn't. He did that this past weekend against Prattville. They lost 26-7 at home after beating Prattville 42-34 at Prattville earlier in the season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.