Link: Jim Grobe to interview for UAB HC job.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Hearing Bill Clark at Jax St. may interview. This would be a great hire also (along with Grobe). But both could be committing coaching suicide if they take the job.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Jim Grobe would be a home run hire for UAB. He knows how to win at a traditional doormat program. If he can win at Wake he can win at UAB. By win, I mean the occasional 6-6 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Hearing Bill Clark at Jax St. may interview. This would be a great hire also (along with Grobe). But both could be committing coaching suicide if they take the job.
If I were Clark I would stay at JSU, it's a better job than UAB, I'm actually surprised UAB still has a football program..There's only so much money all 30 of UAB's football fans can generate money wise..LOL..

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Grobe would be an excellent hire for UAB. He took over a morbid situation at Ohio University and made them very competitive. He then moved to WF and did a good job with them in the ACC.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
The question is why would Grobe go to UAB. Surely Wake Forest as lowly as they are can pony up enough for the best coach in the history of their program. I don't blame UAB; if they can get Grobe it is a homerun for them. I hope they do. UAB is no threat to Bama, and I remember good times at Legion Field. I wouldn't mind seeing them competitive.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The question is why would Grobe go to UAB. Surely Wake Forest as lowly as they are can pony up enough for the best coach in the history of their program. I don't blame UAB; if they can get Grobe it is a homerun for them. I hope they do. UAB is no threat to Bama, and I remember good times at Legion Field. I wouldn't mind seeing them competitive.
Grobe is no longer at Wake. He resigned/was run off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Grobe will be 62 next month so I'm guessing major programs aren't knocking his door down for head coaching jobs, though he is younger than Saban. He is out of work so he probably is looking for something to do.

I don't care who they hire as long as it is not Bill Clark. If he leaves Jax State it will make my JSU alum wife unhappy and you know how many people are happy when momma isn't happy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.